Wishbone quarterback Topic

How are the desirable ratings for a Wishbone quarterback different than a 'normal' QB? Is technique less important, and which ratings are more important?
10/15/2013 6:04 PM
Assuming your "wishbone" QB is going to be primarily a runner rather than passer, I'd look for the same things you do in a RB.  ELU, SPD, ATH, STR.
10/15/2013 6:44 PM
I'd suggest getting into contact with Harriswb3. He runs the WB almost exclusively on his GA Southern team. He'd be a good one to ask.
10/15/2013 7:25 PM
You can use my team as a study, if it helps. I did quite a bit of wishbone this season.
10/15/2013 7:46 PM
I did pass out of it occasionally as well.
10/15/2013 7:47 PM
I have many thoughts.  Not sure how the new engine might impact this however.  There is a GD Guide to the Game posted by Caesari a while back, that is pinned at the top of the forum page...I have some wishbone thoughts posted there.
10/15/2013 7:56 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 10/15/2013 7:56:00 PM (view original):
I have many thoughts.  Not sure how the new engine might impact this however.  There is a GD Guide to the Game posted by Caesari a while back, that is pinned at the top of the forum page...I have some wishbone thoughts posted there.
May try and do an overhaul of that when the new engine comes out. Obviously any gameplanning advice will be obsolete.
10/15/2013 10:58 PM
Thanks, everyone. I have read harris' post in caesari's Guide thread earlier. I'll read through it again.

If you do want your QB to run some, does a strong GI rating help him to 'decide' whether to hold the ball or dish it off to a RB on the option? I would assume this to be the case, right?
10/16/2013 9:43 AM
There's really no such thing as the option play in the game.  When the engine selects a play, it chooses the ball carrier before the play, not as the play unfolds.
10/16/2013 9:52 AM
Unless something has changed then bob is exactly right. I wish there was a real option like on a pass play where qb decides to pass or Scramble.
10/17/2013 1:49 PM
So I guess I'm still unsure about how GI plays into things then, for any position. Theoretically, wouldn't a good GI rating factor into a play as it unfolds?
10/17/2013 6:47 PM
Wishbone quarterback Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.