Four (and a half at the time of writing) weeks into the season and the strongest feeling I have about my team is that the punter seems to be on the field more than anyone else. For example, here are the first half drives against my current opponent:

3 Plays, 5 Yards, 0:58, Punt
5 Plays, 24 Yards, 2:39, Punt
3 Plays, 0 Yards, 0:24, Punt
3 Plays, 64 Yards, 1:12, Touchdown
2 Plays, 38 Yards, 0:30, Touchdown
3 Plays, 5 Yards, 1:25, Punt
4 Plays, 15 Yards, 1:25, Punt
3 Plays, -2 Yards, 2:05, Punt
3 Plays, 14 Yards, 0:14, End of Half

I coach Salisbury University in D-III MAC conference. It's my first years after many seasons of it being run into the ground by a computer, so i'm trying to temper my expectations. After all, the program is in bad shape if all of my recruits have starting jobs. I run a Trips centered offense (Pass, balanced), with a mixture of shotgun (Heavy pass, aggressive) and wishbone (Run, balanced). It just seems like I should be getting more out of my offense when my backs rush for  4.6 YPC and my QB has completion percentage of 54% (I know that's not too good, but still.

What are way I may fix that? Should I change my gameplan to be more conservative? Aggressive? Should I go more towards the run if my QB can only complete half of his throws? I'm open to any advice.

10/16/2013 10:06 AM
Everything is about to change, so don't take anything hard now. 
10/16/2013 8:02 PM
You just have to be patient and build a better team. If you recruit the correct way you can see changes quickly at the d-III level. Do everything you can to avoid the asst filling schollies. Also, check out the core stats for each position and ignore overall rating.
10/16/2013 8:10 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.