Elusiveness on Defense? Topic

the Players guide states that elusiveness is an important factor for defense, especially defensive lineman, but the default positional role factors don't apply any weight to elusiveness.  given that even stamina and durability had a weighting allotted, is this suggesting from the programmers that elusiveness will have no impact on defense in the new engine? 

Same for speed on the OL.  listed as a secondary attribute in the players guide, 0 weight in the default positional values.

Are the default allocations the optimal percentages in the programmers opinion based on the new engine? 

10/17/2013 8:58 AM (edited)

The Players guide is written for the 2.0 Engine.   Attribute usage has been changed in the new engine.

From my own experiences with the GUESS reports - there is no such thing as "optimal percentages" for any rating.  No single 'rating' or attribute weight can define a player, since different attributes are used, in varying degrees, depending on what kind of play is run.  For example, outside runs would rely more on speed, inside runs more on strength.  Unless you set your playbook to 100% Outside Runs, or 100% Inside Runs, you can't have an "optimal" percentage.  It depends on which play is selected, and how you set up your play books.

10/17/2013 10:11 AM
How do we use the position role?  I understand it but im not seeing how to set my depth chart using it.
10/17/2013 10:17 AM
thanks bhazlewood

I have read enough of the forum to understand that different attributes become important for varying situations, but, by putting a 0 in for DL elusiveness and a 0 in for OL speed, is that inferring those attributes are pretty much meaningless for those positions in basically all situations in 3.0?

10/17/2013 10:29 AM
Yes...they are meaningless. unless something has been changed (and I have seen zero evidence of those things changing)
10/17/2013 11:05 AM
The change in attribute weight is pretty rough.  It kind of seems like we just recruited a class of players on a bad attribute weight formula, that we'll be stuck with for the first three seasons of the new engine.  In addition to the examples mentioned above, GI for OL is worth significantly less than it was before, while strength is now the most important attribute for a LB (where it was fourth or fifth most important before).

I could be missing something, though.  I'm pretty new to this.
10/17/2013 4:16 PM
With linebackers, it depends on what you want your linebackers to do. While the position roles do not effect gameplay, the things they represent do. If you want a linebacker who is a run stopper, strength will be more important then if you run a cover 2 like system. 
10/17/2013 6:42 PM
Elusiveness on Defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.