110M Same Franchise Player - Draft Thread Topic

Posted by jfranco77 on 10/25/2013 12:31:00 PM (view original):
I am really having a tough time with this pick. If it was an unlimited cap it would be different. But I will take Spud Chandler, P
Damn - jfranco screwing me over in the '92 draft and now this one.....where's cmolli when you need him?
10/25/2013 1:09 PM
Mickey Mantle
10/25/2013 1:15 PM
so you could in theory draft your entire team right now if you were the only person with said franchise and you took guys who only played for your franchise and/or only played for another team that wasn't selected.
10/25/2013 1:28 PM
Yeah, there's a number of guys on my team who are theoretically "already drafted", but I sitll have many guys to secure from dangers both purely hypothetical and very real.
10/25/2013 1:39 PM
Posted by ryan_horner on 10/25/2013 1:28:00 PM (view original):
so you could in theory draft your entire team right now if you were the only person with said franchise and you took guys who only played for your franchise and/or only played for another team that wasn't selected.
Correct.  In fact, once you know the rest of your roster is yours, feel free to let people know, and we don't have to wait for your time slot.
10/25/2013 1:50 PM
After losing out on Walter to koyunlu I was torn between Mordecai and Gibson.  I went with Gibson, in part, because I thought I had a better chance of getting the Cards all to myself.  But I did have a bad feeling Hornsby would be too good to pass up... and that he'd morph into a Cards team.  So much for that.

Albert Pujols

10/25/2013 2:30 PM
My spot at #16 was fraught with peril. I actually would have preferred the Giants, but only if there was just two owners for that franchise. I almost just said, to hell with it, and picked Hubbell or McGinnity or someone, but I was worried that there might be a third Giants owner in the last 8 owners, and I just couldn't risk it. In the end, I decided to keep as many options open as possible with Hornsby. I'm not thrilled about having to share the Cards, but it was a slightly better option than sharing the Cubs.
10/25/2013 2:37 PM
Willie Hernandez. Sorry to not participate in this thread more - hopefully will say more after work.
10/25/2013 2:45 PM
Howie Camnitz
10/25/2013 3:00 PM
 The Red Sox select Dutch Leonard (the good one).

I don't have any hitting yet, but I gotta love having three SPs with whips under 0.90
10/25/2013 3:27 PM
I'll take Jason Giambi
10/25/2013 3:42 PM
Kenny Lofton
10/25/2013 4:05 PM
I remember a franchise tournament where each of the original 16 franchises was played 16 times each. the results of that tourney influenced my choice here. Giants and Yankees did the best, way ahead of the pack. Red Sox underperformed and so did some of the other popular franchises. Cubs and White Sox did ok. Giants were my 1st choice, better pitching than the Yanks and less popular. Cubs were really tempting and I would've taken them if I were confident nobody else would.
10/25/2013 4:39 PM
I ran that tournament.  You got some of it right.  The Yankees did not do very well.  The Giants dominated (averaging 89.3. wins), the White Sox were second (86.0 wins).  Nobody else was over 84.  Yankees were at 78.0. 

Here is a link

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=437096&page=6
10/25/2013 4:49 PM
The contest standings reflects everybody's guess on how the franchises would end up ranking.  Most people thought the Yankees would rank high.  And they didn't.  In fact, the composite predicted ranking was in this order... NYY, Bos, SF, StL, LAD, Oak, ChW, ChC, Cle, Atl, Phi, Min, Pit, Det, Cin, Bal.  Note that the franchises ranked 1-7 & 9 represent the 8 franchises selected more than once in this theme.
10/25/2013 4:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...40 Next ▸
110M Same Franchise Player - Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.