Horrible Customer Service Topic

My wife and I were on a short vacation this week.  I took my PAD with me to get access to my teams.  I have three teams, under three different usernames, in three different worlds.  But two of the usernames were locked out. (WIS said they have to verify all accounts).  So it wanted me to send an e-mail to verify the account before it would let me in.  The issue was the e-mails were old e-mail addresses I closed years ago.  So I had to send a ticket.  I was told I could input any e-mail, but that meant I had to go out an open two new e-mail addresses, get past my spam filter, and respond to get access to my teams.  I was locked out for three days trying to get this figured out, (while on vacation and traveling).

My Manchester team, under this username, lost it's last two regular season games and the first round of the CT, with me not being able to game plan.  We were having a sucky year, but I would at least would have liked the opportunity to try to win our way into the post season.  But our season is now over.

I know what some of you will say, "You should have kept your e-mail up to date." but I haven't even thought about it.  On the bright side, I got a SM from Admin welcoming me to WIS.  That's nice after having this team for 8 years.

You would think, as a business, you could find a better way to update account information without locking out a loyal customer.  Sorry to rant, but I am ******!!!!!
10/17/2013 5:34 PM (edited)
I got the same 'blocked' message, established a new Email, and got back on. Still, it took 30 minutes and was aggravating. 

A better way would've been "Please update your Email information. If not done with 72 hours, your account will be blocked."
10/17/2013 12:30 PM
The staff is made up of programmers that have low social skills and think a basketball coach is something you ride in. I gave up long ago asking about the game when I get 4 word answers not related to the questions. Good business is based on customer satisfaction maybe WIS will address this aspect in the future.
10/18/2013 10:12 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm confused, why were you locked out? Because you were logging in from a different location or device?
10/25/2013 3:41 PM
strange. i co-coach a few teams with guys now, and never had any problem logging into their accounts. ive used several computers and devices to log into my 3 accounts, too, and never had an issue. 
10/26/2013 12:48 AM
The issue with me was that I originally signed on with an Email account that I no longer use.  I had to re-sign up with a different account.

10/26/2013 11:49 AM
I had it once. I was back on within five minutes.
10/26/2013 4:18 PM
Like I said, we were traveling on vacation.  The first night it was very late when we got to the hotel, and it wouldn't let me in.  I didn't feel like messing with it.  They next day I sent a message to Admin, telling them that I could not get in because the e-mails were old an no longer active.  I told them I could change it is I could get in, but had no way of doing so.  I received a response that I could use any e-mail to get in, but the only one I had was already being used for another team.  So I had to go out and create two new e-mail addresses. 

If I wish they had just sent a SM that said "Your e-mail address is no longer active, please update it or you may not have access to your account".  And, when I was locked out the message could have said "Your e-mail is no longer active.  Please enter a new e-mail for this account that is not being used for another account."  But I also admit that had I been at home I could have spent the time and resolved this quickly.  But we were traveling and I had limited access to the site for three days.  Really bad timing.
10/27/2013 10:41 AM

I really hate having three usernames.  The team are all in different worlds.  It would be much easier to just combine them under this username.

10/27/2013 10:42 AM
Got locked out under this ID too, even I check my teams on a daily basis.  Odd, I have another ID that I also use on a daily basis that didn't get locked out.  Wonder why one and not the other.
10/27/2013 1:05 PM
I too got locked out of 2 of my accounts, but the other two were not locked.
10/27/2013 1:22 PM
i still dont get why people are locked out. logging in with an email you don't use? i log in with username and password, not email. i feel like im missing something very obvious here.
10/27/2013 2:41 PM
On board with gillispie.  Can somebody clarify?
10/27/2013 6:26 PM
Every account has an email address attached to it...somehow WiS was able to tell when that email address is no longer in use. It locked me out until I provided a valid email to use for this account. I'm assuming the same for everyone else. The email that was assigned to this account was an old email that I hadn't used in years. I was locked out until I provided an updated email address.
10/27/2013 6:56 PM
12 Next ▸
Horrible Customer Service Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.