Navigating divisions in a world Topic

How does it work to move between divisions in a world?

If you've accrued a good coaching record, can you jump freely between divisions, provided you've coached at the D1a level?

Could you go - for example, from D1a to D3, back to D1a?  Or would you have to stop through D2  and D1aa again?
10/22/2013 3:42 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to go up the ladder again.

10/22/2013 4:15 PM
You have to go up the ladder again.
10/22/2013 5:10 PM
That's been my experience also.
10/22/2013 5:15 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/22/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
+1 and really silly that you have to.

For example, I coach 20-30 seasons at 1A with great success and have the A+ loyalty and rep and decide to "retire". I decide to come back a few seasons later and want to coach my d3 Alma mater. I stay for 5 seasons and again have great success. I want to go back to 1A but  it is crazy that if I want to coach at 1A again that I have to take  D2 and D1AA positions to coach at 1A.

I would like to see this changed. I believe it would also serve well that if you have the resume and experience in another world that you could jump to your level of experience in different  world. I know for myself that I have been discouraged from starting in new worlds for this reason. I don't like starting at the bottom every time. I am not anti D3 and have had enjoyment there. Just saying what I would like to see.

10/22/2013 5:59 PM
Posted by jibe on 10/22/2013 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/22/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
+1 and really silly that you have to.

For example, I coach 20-30 seasons at 1A with great success and have the A+ loyalty and rep and decide to "retire". I decide to come back a few seasons later and want to coach my d3 Alma mater. I stay for 5 seasons and again have great success. I want to go back to 1A but  it is crazy that if I want to coach at 1A again that I have to take  D2 and D1AA positions to coach at 1A.

I would like to see this changed. I believe it would also serve well that if you have the resume and experience in another world that you could jump to your level of experience in different  world. I know for myself that I have been discouraged from starting in new worlds for this reason. I don't like starting at the bottom every time. I am not anti D3 and have had enjoyment there. Just saying what I would like to see.

Yeah, I would think that's a little unnecessary.  I would think that if you've had good continued success, you should be able to jump around to any division you've already coached (successfully) or lower.  

Also not a great business decision by WIS I wouldn't think, for the reason you mentioned.  
10/22/2013 6:19 PM
I think new worlds should be new starts, however on the issue of jumping freely to a division you've already been in or lower, I would tend to agree.
10/22/2013 7:45 PM
- . Why would you go back to DIII if you have made it to D1A, except to pad your reward points? The penalty for doing that is to work your way back up. Seems reasonable to me.
10/22/2013 9:28 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/22/2013 9:28:00 PM (view original):
- . Why would you go back to DIII if you have made it to D1A, except to pad your reward points? The penalty for doing that is to work your way back up. Seems reasonable to me.
It's not about rewards points; it's a different game at different divisions. All have their own attraction depending on what you're looking for at the time.
10/22/2013 9:56 PM
Sometimes you get bored of DI and want to experience the challenges of the lower level.
DIII is heavily restricted budget wise, DII is vision heavy and you can recruit nationally and have to fend off others who would do the same, DIAA you have to deal with DI schools recruiting your targets, being more restricted budget wise and being closer to DIII.
Plus you get to go into the playoffs instead of having to deal with polls to determine if you get to play for a NC.

Besides, you can't really pad reward points at the lower levels. Until 3.0 comes out the points get reduced each time you make a certain round of the playoffs.

10/23/2013 12:28 AM
Posted by mrfortune3 on 10/23/2013 12:29:00 AM (view original):
Sometimes you get bored of DI and want to experience the challenges of the lower level.
DIII is heavily restricted budget wise, DII is vision heavy and you can recruit nationally and have to fend off others who would do the same, DIAA you have to deal with DI schools recruiting your targets, being more restricted budget wise and being closer to DIII.
Plus you get to go into the playoffs instead of having to deal with polls to determine if you get to play for a NC.

Besides, you can't really pad reward points at the lower levels. Until 3.0 comes out the points get reduced each time you make a certain round of the playoffs.

That's a nice breakdown of the challenges I mentioned for each division.
10/23/2013 11:05 AM
My favorite division is actually DII but it gets boring after awhile and DI is more of a challenge because you get a limited amount of time to rebuild a team before you get the axe.
I personally love to rebuild teams but at times I don't have the patience and end up moving on.
10/23/2013 3:22 PM
D2 is boring because it's empty...
10/23/2013 4:02 PM
Navigating divisions in a world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.