Like in Hoops Dynasty, do coaches pick a offense and defense and use it the whole season and recruit to that?

Or do you change game by game?
10/25/2013 8:28 PM
I would say the average is 2-3 offenses & defenses. I use the ND as my primary offense, but will switch to trips and shotgun at times, according to the situation. Being involved pretty heavily in the beta testing I can tell you that will change for some coaches. Right now a pretty small % of coaches use 1 offense and 1 defense, but that group will grow with 3.0. The reason is formation IQ will mean more, and practicing 1 formation will allow teams to grow at that 1 formation at a faster rate. IF you go that direction I would suggest trips or pro set. You can run or pass efficiantly out of either of these two formations. Good luck!
10/25/2013 8:48 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 10/25/2013 8:48:00 PM (view original):
I would say the average is 2-3 offenses & defenses. I use the ND as my primary offense, but will switch to trips and shotgun at times, according to the situation. Being involved pretty heavily in the beta testing I can tell you that will change for some coaches. Right now a pretty small % of coaches use 1 offense and 1 defense, but that group will grow with 3.0. The reason is formation IQ will mean more, and practicing 1 formation will allow teams to grow at that 1 formation at a faster rate. IF you go that direction I would suggest trips or pro set. You can run or pass efficiantly out of either of these two formations. Good luck!
Wishbone decent?
10/25/2013 9:03 PM
In the 2.0 engine, I have used the wishbone exclusively with considerable success.  In the 3.0 engine, I do not know how it will be.

Katzphang88 is another wishbone guy and he did a lot with the beta...so he might know how it will operate.
10/25/2013 9:43 PM
I tried it in the beta a little and found the running game to be too inconsisitent due to unresolved issues in how the advantages of the OL-DL played out. It would be a good experiment to complete in 3.0. I found that even in 2.0, until you built up a good OL and RB it was tough to be consistent. And in 2.0 - except for the random NC, it was tough to get past the 1st round in the playoffs at D1AA against human teams running the WB exclusively. 
10/26/2013 1:36 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/26/2013 1:36:00 AM (view original):
I tried it in the beta a little and found the running game to be too inconsisitent due to unresolved issues in how the advantages of the OL-DL played out. It would be a good experiment to complete in 3.0. I found that even in 2.0, until you built up a good OL and RB it was tough to be consistent. And in 2.0 - except for the random NC, it was tough to get past the 1st round in the playoffs at D1AA against human teams running the WB exclusively. 
No bones about it.
10/26/2013 1:39 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.