Time to promote this pitcher? Topic

Apologies, I don't seem to be able to make this into a clickable link (HTML not allowed, for some reason):

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5287771

He's probably my second-best SP already. He's working his way up, one level per season, and will hit the majors at age 23 next season. As I say, he's ready for the majors, but my major-league team is mediocre and not likely to contend, so he isn't really needed yet. ML Pitching Coach IQ 89, AAA PC 78.
10/26/2013 1:14 AM

See where it says "Pro Years" 4.

That means he should be on the BL squad.

Players generally develop a great deal their first 3 seasons, and then after that they only sporadically gain points here and there. You can see that he HAS gained a few points this season already, so in my opinion, if you want to maximize that development you'd want him under the 89 Coach and not the 78 guy.

You"re only 7 games out of the 2nd WC spot, so if this guy would be the 2nd best pitcher on your BL staff, there's a really great chance he could be the difference maker. Unfortunate that it is already after the all star break, but you've still got 70+ games left, i think that's enough time. basically only need to gain one game every 10...
10/26/2013 1:33 AM
Thanks for that advice. I wasn't clear on the relationship between Pro Years and development.
10/26/2013 2:24 AM
He just had his first major-league start. Gave up three runs on two homers in the first inning. He then proceeded to throw five shutout innings to get the win. He dedicated the game to mchalesarmy.
10/27/2013 3:38 AM
Woah how were u able to get a guy like with the 55th pick?
10/28/2013 12:13 PM
That year was an amazing draft.
10/28/2013 1:01 PM
Hang with him. He's started slow, but I think he'll be ok.
11/9/2013 5:42 PM
Time to promote this pitcher? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.