Anyone mind taking a look at my team?? Topic

I am stuck with this team... I've tried everything and over the past 3 seasons we have just been horrible. I'd appreciate some insight:

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12338
10/26/2013 7:29 PM
No defense, No ath, No speed. I take one look at this team and see you cant win. Total Rating mean little to nothing.
10/26/2013 7:42 PM
john stidham gave me a seizure
10/26/2013 8:49 PM
You need much more athleticism and defense.  Start by reading this thread.
10/26/2013 9:00 PM
Your guard corps is at least passable in any empty conference like that, but your posts are just awful.  You really need to get some guys with at least 65-70 ATH and 80+ REB potential to compete in D2.
10/27/2013 12:38 AM
Perhaps it's a coincidence, but you have only one player below 60 WE. When you're rebuilding, you can find good players in the 30's. Don't overlook them.

Likewise, all of your DUR is above 52.  Durability is pretty worthless, so don't reject recruits who are low in that category.

I suspect that you're recruiting by overall rating, rather than the skill sets that you need. 

10/27/2013 5:18 AM
I've found it almost impossible to nab high athleticism and defense recruits in D2 with low prestige. Its actually the two things I value most and if you take a look at my team it looks about like his. Its tough with no prestige.
10/28/2013 10:47 AM
Try to find guys WAY down the list as far as Overall Rating goes, who have decent (or even low) athleticism and defense, but are blue in both. They probably won't be great in Perimeter or Low Post, but I'd rather have athletic guys, who play good defense, and are decent offensively, than unathletic guys, who play okay defense, and have good offensive ratings.
10/28/2013 2:16 PM
The others have made good points about the need for more Ath/Spd/Def. You have a good overall team rating, but more than 220 points of your (currently) 610 team rating is coming from work ethic, durability and stamina. Only one of those three categories has any significance to what takes place in-game really, and I would argue that stamina is basically meaningless because rarely do you have two teams far enough apart on the spectrum to where it really matters a whole heck of a lot. You need to change recruiting focus in a way that gets a higher percentage of your team points allocated in ratings that actually impact the outcome of games as they are played.

Aside from that, I see you've run nothing but -3 defensive positioning this season so far and it appears that all of your players are set at -2 from 3-point territory (even the two guys with decent perimeter values). Obviously, with only 4 games played, two of which were exhibitions, it's a small sample size that I'm looking at, but mixing up your game play might help you as well.
10/28/2013 3:27 PM
Posted by 205jca on 10/28/2013 10:47:00 AM (view original):
I've found it almost impossible to nab high athleticism and defense recruits in D2 with low prestige. Its actually the two things I value most and if you take a look at my team it looks about like his. Its tough with no prestige.
Geography helps, but learning to pull guys down is crucial. As another poster said, you can find guys who have low ATH/SPD but scout "SKY'S THE LIMIT" in potential. Even just getting to B- prestige helps a lot.
10/28/2013 4:03 PM
Anyone mind taking a look at my team?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.