I've got a few young hotshot prospects (on my 40 man roster) who are very young but are slight upgrades over my lousy ML team. Since they are merely slight upgrades over my ML players, I feel more inclined to leave them in AAA until they have developed more because I don't want to waste any ML service time before arbitration and LT contracts etc. However, I want them to be exposed to my ML coaching staff so they will develop to the best of their capabilites.

Am I figuring it right that once they are promoted, their "clock" begins? Would it be advised to leave them in AAA (my best coaching staff in minors) until they can really help at the ML level (in hopes of delaying their contract increases)?
10/28/2013 3:34 PM
I play the best players at the ml level regardless of age.  Development is fine as long as they play.  I do not tank so I play my best players.
10/28/2013 3:38 PM
You appear to be making no effort to compete.  So, if you're gonna tank, do it right.   Don't promote anyone who will help you win.  As long as they're on your 40, they won't retire during their prime.   You can hold everyone in AAA until your superteam is built and promote them all at once.  Good luck.
10/29/2013 9:34 AM
thx
10/29/2013 12:00 PM
I do what I can when I can. 
10/29/2013 12:05 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.