As real baseball draws to a close for this year, its time to set sail on the adventure of Dodgeball. I'm not sure how many incarnations its been? Maybe Shirley MacLaine would know, but its always a blast. Onward!

Transport yourself back to the sixth grade.  It's time for recess.  It's time for everyone's favorite game, Dodgeball.  The teacher has tapped you to be a captain.  Who are you going to pick?  In this league, I will pick four captains.  Each captain will pick their team of six owners (including themselves.)  There will be one of two methods these captains will use to pick their mates and they will decide.  It could be a draft or a rotisserie style auction where you bid on your five teammates.  Personally I think the auction is more fun but that is up to the captains.

As the six man teams are assembled by the captains, they will tell me how to align the divisions, placing their teammates in each league in different divisions.

Once the season starts, we begin to throw the dodgeball.  After the 3rd game of the season, the person with the worst record in the league (tie breaker is expected winning percentage) gets to throw the dodgeball.  They will select someone, anyone, on another team, in the opposite league and they will tell that person that they must waive a specific player on his roster.  The person who was hit, after waiving the player, may replace him with anyone he likes on the waiver wire and will then "throw the dodgeball" and hit someone else.  The person has 36 hours from the time he is told to waive the player and throw the ball.  If the player has not been released and the ball has not been thrown after 36 hours, every subsequent game will be forfeit until the player is released and the ball thrown.

You may not "hit" someone in the same league as yourself.  You throw the dodgeball across the line - into the other league.  You may not hit the person who just hit you.

When it is your turn to throw the ball you need to do two things, first, sitemail your victim and me so I can start the 36 hour clock.  You also need to post it in the league forum for all to celebrate.  You need not wait 36 hours.  It actually makes things much more fun for everyone if you don't wait.

As for the composition of your own 25 man roster it will be pretty straightforward.

no clones, AAA, DH or injuries
trades are fine. 
90 mil cap limit
any stadium you like, any season of player you like

We are not done.

Remember, the 24 team league is comprised of four teams of six owners.  Each win will count for one point.  If you make the playoffs you get a bonus of five points.  Every round of playoffs won, gives your team another five points.  Win the world series and you get ten bonus points.  What do you win?  To play in this league you will need to buy a $10 gift certificate.   Once I set the league # I will give everyone instructions on how and where to send the Gift certificate.  Just don't send it to me.  You will split the $240 collected six ways.

In the event we need a tiebreaker:  World Series Winner followed by total regular season wins followed by total regular season homeruns.

I will set a season ending deadline for ending all hits, very close to the end of the season, once we get close.

When you sign up, please indicate whether you are willing to be a captain or not. Makes it easier on me.

Any questions: I am the proverbial open book. just SM me.

1.  Tridentric
   2.  Odalisgagne
   3.  Dippedncrack
   4.  Mensu1954
   5.  Donburgh
   6.  Daballcoach
   7.  Cholatse
   8.  Pinotfan
   9.  Kings Kid
  10. Rooskie
  11. Spoonfed
  12. Bootone
  13. The Taint
  14. Spotsell
  15. Twfan
  16. Laramiebob
  17. Dorkster
  18. Hersheybear
  19. Reddtrain
  20. Micki
  21. Toddleduc
  22. Dlchow
  23. Rickysdad44
  24. BastanRedSox

Wait list:

1/18/2014 9:42 AM (edited)
Nice to see so many regulars returning. Welcome back guys!
10/30/2013 8:19 PM
Posted by tridentric on 10/30/2013 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Nice to see so many regulars returning. Welcome back guys!
Wouldn't miss it!
10/30/2013 11:15 PM
Wow, this is still going?  I would really love to join in this debauchery but I have my home on the market and I'm getting ready to move 2200 miles across the country. Chances are I won't be able to give this enough attention to be a worthy teammate.
10/31/2013 2:27 PM
What is the structure of the six way GC breakdown and what, specifically, are the criteria?
11/1/2013 12:06 AM
Each owner of the winning team gets $40. Share and share alike.
11/1/2013 1:31 PM
Thanks Don. Yes you play as a team and win as a team. Hey Mr. Mayor where ya headed? Someplace with bad coffee probably. lol
11/1/2013 1:54 PM
Posted by tridentric on 11/1/2013 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Don. Yes you play as a team and win as a team. Hey Mr. Mayor where ya headed? Someplace with bad coffee probably. lol
I'm headed for Austin Texas as soon as I sell this place.   I don't know about the coffee but they have some mighty fine barbecue, Tex-Mex food, and music!  Hey, UT is there and Round Rock, home of the AAA Round Rock Express is just a few short miles north. I'll be there rootin' for The Tacoma Rainiers!
11/1/2013 3:19 PM
i am in again
11/1/2013 3:34 PM
welcome back.
11/1/2013 8:42 PM
Rick, I sent you a sietmail a few days ago... I'm in.
11/2/2013 12:07 PM
Got it Al. sorry forgot to post it.
11/2/2013 7:56 PM
well we seem to have hit a wall. people this is one of the most fun leagues you will ever play in. why do you think we continuously get such a great group of high quality owners returning? this is your chance to act out your impulses and you know you have teammates ready to take your back!
11/7/2013 9:01 PM
I'll play.
11/7/2013 9:26 PM
another quality owner. welcome Jeff
11/8/2013 7:02 AM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.