Still Zone Pass Coverage??? Topic

I remember that pass defense was always zone defense.

In the most recent developer chat the comment was made by oriole_fan, "On defense you can specify which LB position you want to be in cover, who to cover, and how often you want that position to blitz."

that "who to cover" comment is the one that Im asking about? Is there now man-to-man? or at least a man-to-man type component where we can specify a defensive player to factor into the calculation when the ball is thrown to a specific offensive player.

ideas?
11/2/2013 5:22 PM
IMO:

The defense is still zone.  What you are really specifying is to cover a RB/TE/WR.  I think this then puts the defender in a short, medium, or deep zone, based on what the offensive player is doing (short, medium, deep route).

11/2/2013 6:19 PM
During season 1 of Beta, I asked in the forums about this and Norbert said it was man coverage.  I would dig up the post, but Beta forum only has 3 pages right now and all the posts are current.  In his response, he went on to describe how there were exceptions, and/or how it was man in paticular zones, and the definitive answer concerning man/zone was sort of lost, at least for me anyway.  He never gave a clear answer about safeties, but I am pretty sure linebackers can be assigned to cover certain players, although Harris may be right about how that works concerning the depth of the opposing teams play regarding that player.      

I am pretty sure Oriole changed some things regarding coverage since the "triple coverage/ DBs are everywhere" issue was eventually improved upon when he took over for Norbert a few seasons into Beta.  Hopefully he can give a definitive answer because I am curious about this too!    

11/2/2013 11:05 PM
Ok, I'll submit a question regarding this topic for the upcoming developer chat.
11/3/2013 6:21 AM
Still Zone Pass Coverage??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.