Need help in starting auction soon Topic

We have a unique league where each year we auction the current year's players based on a 1,000 budget.

The league is a keeper league.  You can keep as many players as you want from year to year, but here's the catch.  To keep a player, you much give him a raise from his last year's contract.

You can sign guys to one year contracts or as long as five year contracts, and that's where the league gets the most interesting. How much money do you tie up and how much do you leave for the free agent auction.

Here's an example using my own team.

Before this season, I signed David Price to a five year contract at 51-59-67-75-83.  -- I'm hopeful

I signed Josh Beckett at 23 for this next season.   -- Ouch, at least it's not real money.

I signed Ervin Santana to two years at 45-57 -- that looks like a bargain.

Andrew McCutchen made 123 last year.  I couldn't justify giving him a raise so he was granted free agency back into this year's coming auction. 

Here's the problem. Our 2013 auction is about two weeks away and we need anowner.

One owner is ill and would like to continue, but doesn't think he's able to.  He's asked me to try to find a replacement if I can.

So, we need help pretty quickly.

I'll post the team below and their current committed contracts.  .The rest of the team will be filled through the upcoming auction.  There are many, many star players available in the auction.  Their auction prices become their salaries, and if they're too high, they get released into free agency like my Mr McCutchen.
11/2/2013 8:00 PM
The team whose owner is ill

Aaron Hill                      31                 39                    47                      55                      63
Mike Morse                   27                 35                     43                      51                      59
Jhonny Peralta             12                  22                    32
Ben Revere                    21                 31                    41
Nick Markakis                37                 47                     57
Clayton Richard             43                 53                    63
Cody Allen                       10                 20                    30
Tony Campana               14                 26
Chris Davis                       54                66
Ryan Vogelsong              31                 43
Wandy Rodrigez               43                 55
Jake Diekman                     7                 19
Brandon League               16                 28
Chris Johnson                   46                 
Jesus montero                   54                 
Kyle Kendrick                       51                
Jarrod Parker                       57                
Octavio Dotel                        18               

October resign    

Fransisco Liriano                32
11/2/2013 8:02 PM
I'll take the team
11/4/2013 9:57 PM
Great -- I'll let you into our forum.
11/5/2013 1:25 AM
Need help in starting auction soon Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.