would a D2 guy ever come to D3 school??? Topic

thanks
11/5/2013 7:54 PM
Unless you can see him in your D3 search, a D2 guy will never come to a D3 school.
11/5/2013 7:56 PM
This is one thing that irks me badly. Had a few I noticed not sign so basically nothing hapends and that player dissappears.  Theres no Juco Transfers so  its a prety big flaw its just like in HBD when a draft pick doesnt sign just poof gone. 
11/5/2013 9:11 PM
he was probably signed by another team.  check out "signed" on the recruiting tab to see where he went.  i've never seen a recruit disappear 
11/5/2013 9:34 PM
and yes a D2 guy will come to your D3 school if he is in your vision.  if he shows up in search then you can grab him
11/5/2013 9:35 PM
They disappear into the ether. Always bugged me a little bit. Before generating the assistant coach signed turds, the leftovers need to be dispersed amongst the remaining teams.
Some loose hierarchy like this..
Human coached teams fill first
Followed by sim coached

Base on vision
Amount of signings left
Position of perceived need
Previous seasons WIS ranking , better record.gets first crack at recruits
Once.these recruits are dispersed then auto generate remaining slots.

Not a.must have, but would be cool.
11/5/2013 11:32 PM
Posted by bobprobert on 11/5/2013 9:35:00 PM (view original):
and yes a D2 guy will come to your D3 school if he is in your vision.  if he shows up in search then you can grab him
What is this vision ??? does that mean if he shows up in D3 search??
11/6/2013 9:16 AM
Posted by thurst63 on 11/6/2013 9:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bobprobert on 11/5/2013 9:35:00 PM (view original):
What is this vision ??? does that mean if he shows up in D3 search??
Yes.  Your vision is the players you can see when you do a recruit search for your division (in your case, D3).  The better your team, the better your vision, and the more/better quality players you'll see in a recruit search.  Vision is based on the number of wins your team has, with the last 4 seasons counting the most (your prestige - CCs, playoff runs, NCs - determine how easy it will be to recruit the guys you can see).
11/6/2013 9:23 AM
Thanks for the explanation on Vision.

So just to confirm...............if I can see a highly rated QB on a D3 search he will also show up low on a D2 search?

11/6/2013 12:12 PM
Posted by hoosierkyle on 11/6/2013 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the explanation on Vision.

So just to confirm...............if I can see a highly rated QB on a D3 search he will also show up low on a D2 search?

Possibly.  There is some crossover between D3 and D2 recruits (as well as D2 and D1AA, and D1AA and D1A).  However, while the recruit may be desirable for the D3 school, that may not be the case for the D2 school.

All D2 schools can recruit all of the D3 players.
11/6/2013 12:56 PM
No. Diablo 2 was one of the best games ever, and Diablo 3 is a pale shell of that with an economy worse than Italy
11/6/2013 10:41 PM
would a D2 guy ever come to D3 school??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.