Should i use this guy as a closer or a set up guy..   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Hawk Taylor
11/5/2013 7:56 PM
Setup A. His durability will let him get 90+ or 100+ innings per season, and his health rating reduces the chance of injury. As a closer, he'd only get about 50-60 innings on average.

I've had a player with similar pitching ratings for about 15 seasons now in Clemente. But I use my guy as a closer because mine has never had durability above the 40 range or health above the 50 range. My guy's durability wouldn't let him get the innings your guy can get, and my guy's health rating increases his injury risk the more I use him. Your guy doesn't have that problem.
11/5/2013 8:26 PM
At SuA I'd hope to get 110-120 IP.  My question (since I rarely use a closer): if you set a closer to a relatively high PC (say, 25/30) and set him as OK to come in in the 8th inning, how many 2 inning saves does simmy get him?
11/5/2013 8:55 PM
I'd do Setup A & I  think you should see 120+IP from him.  One thing I've been toying with, use him as a closer, but more in the Goose Gossage, Sutter, Fingers way, where the saves are often two IP.  I think you'd still see the higher IP totals from him that way, but haven't confirmed it yet. 
11/6/2013 11:52 AM
I have a similar guy (65 dur/43 sta) that gets 50-60 pitches as a tandem B every 4 days
11/7/2013 7:17 AM
Set-up A. He is the cornerstone of you bullpen. Or as jonas said, a Tandem is also a good place for him
11/9/2013 5:32 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.