Playing status question Topic

When a starting pitcher's card reads Injured (1 days), does that mean the player is eligible for the game after?  I ask because this makes the difference for me of getting my ace back in either game 4 or 5 of the WS. 
11/9/2013 10:54 AM
On another note, I'm bugged that although I have 20 in medical, an 11-day injury has caused a hit in ratings across the board on the guy.
11/9/2013 10:57 AM
He'd have got it back if you put him on the DL.

He's available the next day.   However, he'll be skipped in the rotation because next day pitcher is assigned BEFORE injury status is updated. 
11/9/2013 11:25 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2013 11:25:00 AM (view original):
He'd have got it back if you put him on the DL.

He's available the next day.   However, he'll be skipped in the rotation because next day pitcher is assigned BEFORE injury status is updated. 
Putting him on the DL wasn't an option, since the minimum is 15 days, and that would have put him out for the remainder of the season
11/9/2013 1:17 PM
-and you are right, it was the next day.
11/9/2013 1:17 PM
Obviously you were in a bad spot, the timing was such that you had to choose between getting him back or taking the ratings hit. So you chose the ratings hit. My understanding is that the medical money doesn't kick in till you use the DL.
11/9/2013 1:23 PM
Yep
11/9/2013 2:33 PM
Playing status question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.