LBs on Line in PbP Topic

Unless I'm mistaken, in the extended PbP it does not show which or how many LBs are set to Line. Wouldn't this be a helpful feature?
11/9/2013 12:16 PM
It might...but one has to be careful to not give too much information otherwise the offense has all the advantages and defense will have very little.

I'm thinking I'd like to know a little bit more about my own team's actions for sure....So maybe at the end of each quarter, half, or even series...if we could get a "coordinator's report" to let us know how we are doing......

1.  The receivers are not getting open deep.....maybe we should start going with the short stuff, coach.
2.  Our OL is just getting manhandled by their DL.  We better start throwing a few screens to stop slow down their pass rush.
3.  Our blitzing is putting tons of pressure on their QB and he is making terrible throws....we should definitely keep that up.
4.  Our DBs can't cover these guys in Bump and Run....we should move them off the line a bit more to keep from getting burned deep.
5.  Coach, our TE Jacobson, says he is wide open every time.  Maybe we should give him a few looks?

11/9/2013 12:33 PM
That's a great idea that seems kind've obvious to have implemented
11/9/2013 1:05 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/9/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
It might...but one has to be careful to not give too much information otherwise the offense has all the advantages and defense will have very little.

I'm thinking I'd like to know a little bit more about my own team's actions for sure....So maybe at the end of each quarter, half, or even series...if we could get a "coordinator's report" to let us know how we are doing......

1.  The receivers are not getting open deep.....maybe we should start going with the short stuff, coach.
2.  Our OL is just getting manhandled by their DL.  We better start throwing a few screens to stop slow down their pass rush.
3.  Our blitzing is putting tons of pressure on their QB and he is making terrible throws....we should definitely keep that up.
4.  Our DBs can't cover these guys in Bump and Run....we should move them off the line a bit more to keep from getting burned deep.
5.  Coach, our TE Jacobson, says he is wide open every time.  Maybe we should give him a few looks?

Great idea
11/9/2013 1:11 PM

That would be a great idea. For someone that is relatively new that would be extremely helpful and easy for me to make changes with reports like that. Instead I have to really look at the game report play-by-play and do my homework and whats happening. As a new player that can be pretty difficult to do. Just a thought. 
11/9/2013 1:53 PM

Terrific idea, and would help a great deal with making halftime adjustments.  

I'm afraid it would be a bear to implement, however, from a programmer's standpoint.  Also, if something were true for one playbook but not another you'd certainly have to differentiate that somehow.  But I have no doubt that oriole is a better programmer than I am :)

I'd limit it to one or two items on each side of the ball - you wouldn't have THAT much time to analyze things at half time. 

11/9/2013 2:36 PM

About the advantages it gives the offense, if they also showed in the formation that is run what players are blocking or going out for a route would even it out.
11/9/2013 6:18 PM
All that can be analyzed manually. While I do think this is a good idea, I also think it will be as useful as AC recruits.
11/10/2013 10:29 AM
It sounds like a good idea but gathering such info should be a integral part of the coach's responsibility.  In RL the coach is AT the game so if he's worth a crap he sees these things....reading the play by play puts the GD coach AT the game.  I think this takes away an important part of GD coaching....why don't we just have the sim set our lineups or set our gameplans, etc? 
11/10/2013 11:00 AM
Both of those things said in jest are already available.
11/10/2013 11:14 AM
NO they aren't available...sure they can set a lineup or gameplan but the program doesn't set OUR lineup or gameplan as we would desire.  There is a difference in the software setting up what it thinks is best and what a particular coach thinks is best.
11/10/2013 12:38 PM
LBs on Line in PbP Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.