Playbook Tutorial - GUESS Reports Link Topic

Setting lineups for advance play:

looking at the game play by play, I noticed my players on defense are playing out of position.....I set my lineups to advance....I have players I like for OLB and ILB, DE and DT, and CB and S/SS.....I designated who I wanted where based on the advance options but in the play by play it does not show what my desired lineup should be....it reverts back to how I ranked my players in their category which only has 3 category(DL,LB and DB)....my issue is: in 4-3 formation LB2 is a ILB, thats what I want but in Nickle and Dime formations, I want both of my OLB in the game. Unless I am mistaken, we don't have that option.....2.0 had this option...is there a way to have the 2.0 option in the new 3.0 game?
12/2/2013 10:51 AM
It sounds like you're using the Basic version of the game, or, if you're using advanced, you haven't edited the formation to use the advanced position roles.
12/2/2013 5:35 PM
Question for you on the defensive side.

Formations:
If you line up your LB on the Line, they become part of the line, and I assume contribute to the overall line vs the run/pass

Blitz% is the percentage of time a blitz is called they are part of the blitz.

Playbook
Blitz% is how often a blitz is called.

So, in a 3-4 I have my 4LBs set to 25% bltiz

And the playbook set to 100% blitz

Does that mean i will blitz 100% of plays, and each LB has an equal chance to be part of the blitz?

What is the advantage of blitzing vs just moving your LBs to the line to cover a run? Thanks!

12/16/2013 12:09 PM
First question. Yes
Second. No difference, outside of the ability to blitz another linebacker.

12/17/2013 1:48 AM
So if I wanted to build a run-stuff defense, I could move all my LB to the line, and possibly set a safety to blitz to help cover middle?
12/17/2013 2:30 PM
You could.  But you might be prone to giving up long runs if / when they get past the line of scrimmage.
12/17/2013 5:01 PM
Just when I though I was getting a good grasp of things I realize how much I don't know. 
12/18/2013 12:36 PM
The game is very interesting, maybe even fun, haven't decided yet. Just got a message that says I can't create anymore play books. I know I can redo some of the ones I have, but could I delete some of the ones I've already made instead? I've looked through everything and can't find a way to delete. Thanks for any help.
12/18/2013 6:38 PM (edited)
Currently you cannot delete playbooks.  We've been told that's something that is being worked on.
12/19/2013 3:24 AM
I have two teams playing at the same time (different worlds) and want to use the same defensive game plan. I make my changes for the first team and save it for team A. I then make changes for the second team and save it for team B. Since it is the same game plan, does my changes for team B also change my game plan for team A?

Another related question is why am I limited to 10 defensive game plans for three teams? Each team is allow 10 game plans and each of my three teams should have that capability. Why? I like to try different stuff among my teams and this is a limitation. Thanks.
12/22/2013 11:18 PM
Yes - when you make changes to a gameplan, the settings are the same for all worlds.  The easiest way is to create two separate gameplans and use one set for one team and one set for the other.  Works well if you have a couple teams, but I hear your pain.

Don't know the answer to your second question, other than 10 has been the default.  The limits are what they are, but my guess is that it will be expanded in future versions.
12/24/2013 12:06 AM
quick question on playbook/gameplan

if you wanna defend the pass, do you put the Rush category low and the Pass high or the other way around
1/2/2014 6:47 PM
Rush low and Pass high
1/5/2014 2:55 PM
I have a question, new to the football game and I want my offence to run just the wishbone only is there a way and why is my qb not running in two warm up games he has zero rushs? I am using everything in basic so can someone please help me.
2/5/2014 9:16 AM
Sorry but you may have to switch to Advanced Mode to do what you're asking.  I haven't used Basic Mode since I started playing so someone who is more knowledgeable in Basic will have to respond.  In Advanced, you can setup the wishbone formation to have your QB rush a certain percentage of time and set your playbook(s) to select only the wishbone formation.   
2/5/2014 4:57 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Playbook Tutorial - GUESS Reports Link Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.