Should I be playing slowdown with 9 guys? Topic

I had a bad recruiting period and I ended up only picking up two incoming freshman and I took 3 walkons. The question I have is should I automatically be running slowdown each game, even if I am the better team? I haven't run a D1 team with 9 players before, so I am looking for any help. 

I ran slowdown against Xavier and I think if I would have run normal I would have beat them, instead I lost 47-46 

Here is my team www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx

Thanks in advance!
11/13/2013 8:50 AM
Run regular speed and set to getting tired. I've run 9 man teams with no fatigue issues.
11/13/2013 11:41 AM
I just lost to a San Diego team with a rating of 596 running normal... not good 1st game result :) 
11/13/2013 2:10 PM
I would run slowdown and getting tired with your core best players.  Not enough stamina to m2m with 9 players and especially 2 fresh.
11/13/2013 3:24 PM
I would play slow, mostly because you have four guys who are strong defenders between their DEF and their IQ.  Need them on the court as much as possible.
11/14/2013 5:48 AM
As you can see the answer isnt based on how many players but the type of players. I have 9 with my LSU team and I've rotated between normal and slowdown all season and I should get into the NT as a 5 or 6 seed. Im wondering what impact uptempo would have. Also, another thing to consider (which I just did after an 0-3 start with my other team) is switching to a zone. Said team only has 8 players but the zone (despite having terrible IQs) seems to have countered the stamina issues. Yes, recruiting has been dismal of late and I've been taking 3 and 4 walkons!
11/14/2013 4:08 PM
Should I be playing slowdown with 9 guys? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.