Hypothetical Recruiting Question Topic

If you have to recruit PG, SG, PF and C and could only use 4-5 skill ratings (that are not WE, DUR, STA) what would they be for each position?
11/15/2013 3:35 PM
To me much of that depends on the level you're at the off/def sets you play.  The aejones how to win at D2/D3 covers it pretty well, that was pretty much how I tried to build my teams.

To me, assuming D3, I'd like all to be 50/50 Ath and Def.  Ath less important in PG and SG, vastly more important for PF and C.  A "pure" PG should be wind up 60+ Pass and BH and ideally 60+ Speed.  SG I want 60+ Spd and BH plus hopefully High/High Per that can wind up 70+.  If not much Per then high FT, speed and BH.

PF and C to me are the same, although I usually have a little more Spd at PF.  50+ Ath, 70+ Reb, LP is a plus.

So for me:
PG - SPD, DEF, PAS, BH
SG - SPD, DEF, PER, BH (or LP/FT)
PF/C - ATH, REB, DEF, LP
11/15/2013 4:38 PM
what do you look for in a SF?
11/16/2013 8:56 AM
Posted by brantm217 on 11/16/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
A dream SF would be one that is mediocre at every other skill, but absolutely great ATH, DEF, LP & PER.   The reality is that you just want to avoid players that are simply mediocre at everything.  Those don't help your team that much, even when the total rating looks great for your team's level.  However, assuming you can't find that dream SF, then choose one with very good ATH, DEF & either LP or PER, with enough SPD & REB not to be a liability.
11/16/2013 12:01 PM
What rogelio said.  Although I'm running 3 zone teams now, so to me SF is probably the most frustrating.  It's a huge position since it swings either way for 3-2 or 2-3 zone, so I either need a G type SF or a rebounding type SF.  But even when I was playing more man defense my SF usually looked like a guard and rebounding was a plus, so ATH/DEF/PER/BH.
11/16/2013 9:03 PM
Posted by rogelio on 11/16/2013 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brantm217 on 11/16/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
A dream SF would be one that is mediocre at every other skill, but absolutely great ATH, DEF, LP & PER.   The reality is that you just want to avoid players that are simply mediocre at everything.  Those don't help your team that much, even when the total rating looks great for your team's level.  However, assuming you can't find that dream SF, then choose one with very good ATH, DEF & either LP or PER, with enough SPD & REB not to be a liability.
Also need over 50 BH & pass (D2) for a solid SF who serves a secondary playmaker function on offense.
11/17/2013 12:35 AM
Hypothetical Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.