Seems like they are out of control...or is it just me?
11/16/2013 5:51 PM
I think sacks are UP, but INTs are down
11/16/2013 7:01 PM
Well, sacks are up, but is it because sacks are just up? Or is it because more people then normal are throwing 50 times a game? I tend to think its a bit of both.
11/16/2013 7:04 PM
I'm sure it's both, but I also have to wonder how many people aren't keeping TE/RB back in protection.  I know that some of my formations, I made sure to not keep the TE in to block, so that has to be part of it.
11/17/2013 3:18 PM
I'm running shotgun only (except for one half) in Wilkinson.  Sacks are up against my team with far fewer throws than last season under 2.0.  It seems like the DIME is forcing quite a few sacks vs the Nickel.  Again...have not really looked at the data, and I'm not throwing much short stuff at all.  

After having made the last statement, it occurs to me that maybe most are not throwing short stuff, because you can't get any YAC.  So, going deeper, into coverage, results in more sacks??

11/17/2013 5:24 PM
Depends.  If you have all your receivers running long/deep routes, then yes, that could be it, since you're asking your o-line to hold their blocks longer.  Then it's all back to settings on your receivers and pass depth in the playbook.  Doesn't hurt to have a safety valve running a short route, like a TE hanging out 4 yards downfield.  Sure, there might be no YAC, but you also get into more manageable downs and not 2nd and long/3rd and long.
11/17/2013 6:41 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.