The World Kinsella Season 24 playoffs are underway and I am searching for candidates for Season #25.
This is a top quality world (Ranked #12 in the tomjames all-world rankings) that was originally formed by me through a specific screening process with the following stipulations:
· Veteran owners only (min. of 2 completed seasons)
· Active participation and attention to all levels of the franchise (no 0(0) pitching staffs, no studs getting drafted away in Rule 5)
· Respected by fellow owners
The 2nd and 3rd bullet were confirmed by looking at the worlds they were in with transactions, draft records, and reading the world chat. I also sent anonymous surveys to peers in their worlds to ensure that they were a good fit (which I have also done and continue to do with all subsequent applicants).
Typically, our turnover is very low and we have 16 league members that have been around for at least 10 seasons.
Other features of this world include:
· An active blog World Kinsella Blog (We welcome volunteers with interest.)
· A strict MLB theme as all franchises will remain constant for the history of the world. (The extreme hitting ballpark in Colorado has been excluded. We have added the Montreal Expos and minor league teams from Portland and Charlotte, the two largest markets without an MLB team.)
· Great parity as all 32 franchises have at least one playoff appearance and no team has made it more than 16 of our 23 seasons and no team has won more than 3 world series.
Our World Rules are as follows:
1. All team cities and names shall remain constant for the life of the world.
2. Minor League Win Percentage: Minor league teams (AAA-Low A) are required to win at a .250 win pct. or higher. For each individual team that falls below this mark at season's end, their GM will forfeit $4M from the following season's $185M budget. Each team falling below .250 is considered a separate offense and will be fined $4M for each. Fines will be assessed the following season in this manner:
- Upon deciding on the coaching* budget for the season, the GM will add an additional $2M to that amount for each penalty offense when setting their budget.
- Immediately following budget day, the GM will transfer $4M per penalty offense from payroll to the coaching* budget. ($2M per offense will be lost in transfer fees.)
- Next, the GM will transfer $4M per penalty offense back from the coaching* budget to the payroll budget. (Another $2M per offense will be lost in transfer fees, totally $4M lost per offense.)
(* prospect budget may be substituted for the coaching budget if desired as this will not allow a GM to have $20M remain in that budget area without additional transfer fees)
Each GM is given grace for one sub-.250 team for their entire career in the world. $4M penalties will be assessed beginning with the second sub-.250 team and for each thereafter. Failure to comply with penalties for these violations in the following pre-season will result in immediate dismissal. New owners are not held responsible for the previous owner's penalties. The purpose of this rule is to promote owner responsibility to field a competitive team at every level.
3. Major League Win Minimums: If any franchise wins less than 54 ML games in a season or less than 120 games in any two consecutive seasons (only seasons with the same GM are applicable), then they will forfeit their 1st Round pick in the following season's Amateur Draft. The forfeiture will be accomplished by placing a worthless minor league prospect (current core ratings should be in the teens or worse) as the #1 ranked player in their Amateur Draft prospect ranking and leaving the player unsigned. Failure to comply with any penalties issued for these violations will result in immediate dismissal from the league.
This season we have two planned openings in the NL:
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - San Diego Padres Franchise Profile - taken
Just won the NL West last season. This team has an amazing trio of starting pitchers who are still under contract and a couple of great Type A veteran SPs who could possibly be resigned. The team will be available for transfer immediately following the WS, so that the budgets can be maintained. (Would hate to see those brilliant SPs degrade or get hurt with only 14M training.)
Hardball Dynasty - Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Pittsburgh Pirates Franchise Profile -taken
Made the playoffs for the last four seasons, won the WS last season, and is built to continue competing.
Please site mail me with your interest. Please let me know which teams interest you and your order of preference.
11/30/2013 12:41 AM (edited)