Looking for a terrible team in an owner swap Topic

I've so far declined offers to pick up a new team as part of an owner swap with Griffey world, where I'm commissioner, because I recently started a new job. But I've got a little leftover credit and would like to help get my world rolling after a higher-than-usual turnover this time around.

I'm willing to consider adding a team in your world, but I'm hoping to meet two criteria:

1. I'm looking for a real stinker of a team, a perennially mismanaged team with terrible contracts and (hopefully) a middling draft pick. Why? Because those sorts of challenges are always more appealing to me than picking up an already good team or a stripped-down rebuild, and I'm hoping to find a team so unappealing that maybe I could get a two-for-one deal in an owner swap.

2. I would need at least one owner from your league to take a team in mine, but as I mentioned above, hopefully there's a team out there that sucks so much that two of you would consider coming over in exchange for my picking up the dog. I've asked my fellow owners to please consider joining me, and I'll update the post if anyone agrees. Here's a link to our classified thread.

Please don't just send me links to random teams, guys. It has to really suck for me to even consider it, and I may not even take a team if I can't find a "good" fit. And you don't have to post in this thread if you don't want to advertise the lousiest teams in your worlds; a site mail will be fine, as long as it's not just spamming me with all the available teams you've got. Thanks.
11/19/2013 10:08 AM
I've got four other owners who are willing to join me in a world swap. We don't all have to end up in the same league. Site mail me if you're interested.
11/22/2013 1:35 PM (edited)
We might have two owners available for an owner swap.  We're only looking for people that would stay long term.  I don't think you will find what you're looking for as far as the crappiest team though..  

We were at 13 openings a week or so ago and are now at 5.. I'm hopeful that we could be full by Sunday. 

MIKE TROUT
11/21/2013 4:04 PM
I'll take a look, will.
11/22/2013 7:03 AM
Looking for a terrible team in an owner swap Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.