Opening in the Great Lakes Valley (GLV) in Tark Topic

The top D2 conference in Tark since... well, since before I even started playing HD... has an opening for someone who wants to face the best. 

Coming off our worst combined season as a conference since I finally got in 11 seasons ago, GLV still put 8 teams into the NT and 1 into the PT and had a conference RPI of  .5817 (2nd conference was back at .5752, and that's as close as it has been in a while).

The open team isn't a rebuilding project either - it's ready for someone to come in and have some success right off the bat if you can coach them well. 

S. Illinois, Edwardsville will be bringing back five seniors-to-be (8 upperclassmen total) from a 20-win, 34 RPI, NT bid team. The previous coach took the opportunity to jump into Conference USA, but he left the house in good order, including scheduling a full slate of winnable, but quality OOC games (on the road).

Nearly half the coaches in the conference boast championship resumes, so this conference isn't for the faint of heart, but if you want the best D2 competition around, we encourage you to apply.
11/20/2013 3:07 AM (edited)
Hopefully a quality coach can take over that team.  That is a strong group coming back.  Very good team ATH and DEF, ranked first (in a tie) in D2 in both of those categories.

There are actually two inelligable's on that team, so the class breakdown isn't exactly how it appears on first glance.
11/19/2013 5:38 PM
I applied earlier today but just got a rejection message, so there is someone at least more qualified than myself who put in for it.
11/19/2013 8:10 PM
bro_lunardi, S. Illinois Edwardsville has opened up for you again. Come join the GLV!
12/20/2013 12:05 PM
man id probably go back to SIUE if i wasnt already at kansas... grrr @ retarded divisional restrictions. or i could just say coach_billyg is really my son/father/guy on the couch? :( anyway, glad to see you guys are still carrying the torch zbrent! 
12/20/2013 12:16 PM
I joined the GLV six seasons ago and I will echo the sentiments regarding it being an extremely high level of competition. Hopefully someone can come join the fun!
12/20/2013 2:02 PM
Opening in the Great Lakes Valley (GLV) in Tark Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.