ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Run this filter - PF, def80, use<15, dreb>230 & $5-7.5M. You get Rodman, Wallace, Camby &...Bill Bridges. Then squat, 3 of them were gone by my pick, I know nobody would normally take Bridges but I was screwed w/o him. On the DDL team I have the rookie Wallace & 96 Malone @ C, and I'm getting 30.9ppg @ +57% out of Karl..I don't want any shots taken from malone. So, it's alittle odd for the ODL, but I basicly have the front court I wanted and the $$ & min's are working out well.
11/28/2013 5:11 AM
.?
A question about Bridges probably has more to do with where you could have drafted him,
Or what round, more so than his value to you in your building of a team.

You could have landed him much later in the draft- hence the head scratching
11/28/2013 3:31 PM
Why did you want a PF? Isn't Karl Malone a PF?
11/28/2013 9:02 PM
This is the reasoning for Bridges in the 2nd round. I have a specific team design I want to use to get the most bang out of Malone, it's critical that I have a sub 15 use% at PF. There were 4 options and a 5th bailout option, 3 of the 4 options were already gone so I took Bridges. For the other positions I'm 5-6 players deep and half never get drafted so when I take them is not that important. Steelers, I use Karl Malone @ Center for spacing reasons.
11/28/2013 10:41 PM (edited)

I use Karl Malone @ Center for spacing reasons.

Do you mean his shot positioning?  1% Per, 50% Mid, 49% Paint.... Does it matter?  If you are actually targeting spacing as a strategy, I am curious to know how a center who shoots in the paint less than half the time is really the goal.

The only interesting tidbit I can share:  One (UNDRAFTED) player came remarkably close to matching his real life FTA in the most recently concluded ODL, which is not often seen.  He played a lot of C  but has a paint % lower than a typical center.  Does it have anything to do with him drawing fouls from defenders who were "out of position" -- I don't have any idea if defenders are invisibly rated +3 to -3 in the SIM and this matches up against a the weighted avg of an offensive players Per/Mid/Pnt to influence foul logic, but it did at least cross my mind after seeing this example.

11/28/2013 11:10 PM
we find ourselves once again in the realm of fiction
11/29/2013 9:21 AM (edited)
the only spacing variable is the % per-mid-paint and position charted on the depth chart has no bearing on that - there are SG eligible dudes that shoot 60+% of their attempts in the paint and bigs who take 40+% of their attempts from the perimeter and it makes no difference where you play them - the sg is going to take about 60% of his shots in the paint, the big is going to take about 40% of his shots from the perimeter
11/29/2013 9:28 AM (edited)
well, that's a cliff-jumper folks. you heard it here first... we're presently in the realm of fiction, except one important piece of "reality" was left out in the claim, and that was... Bill friggin' Bridges!!
11/29/2013 9:47 AM (edited)

happy thanksgiving commish

11/29/2013 9:50 AM
Hey guys, come on. There's no need to BURN BRIDGES, here. *rim shot*
11/29/2013 11:10 AM
maybe you're right... just water under the bridge
11/29/2013 11:19 AM
Let's at least wait until the end of smokeys draft to comment fully. We'll cross that bridge when we get there
11/29/2013 11:59 AM
haha...outstanding
11/29/2013 12:24 PM
And his pain is all around
Like Bill Bridges over troubled water
he shoulda' laid him down
Like Bill Bridges over troubled water
he shoulda' laid him down

by smokey & Garfinkel
11/29/2013 3:06 PM
in my short time in What If sports,
Bridges gotta be THE all time reach...

I love ya smokey, I love you to death..
(especially if I can have you in my division)-

I'm so fond of ya smoke,
that next autumn, I'm willing to fly you in for our Fantasy Football draft,
just make sure you bring those extra long 'reach' arms....
11/29/2013 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.