Greatest GD Thread in the History of WIS GD Topic

GD 3.0 has taken each of us from the comfort of our home worlds, whether it be of success, failure, or mediocrity, and has placed us all onto the Island of uncertainty. We are now castaways on an island, only speaking the same language, some more grammatically correct than others, and not know how to make the island function to better ensure our survival. A few of us have figured out foraging and gathering techniques, being careful not to give too much away to the other castaways who we compete with. The GD Gods will not answer us in the manner that we seek. They only tell us that food can be obtained, but not how exactly. They are there working to build our world, but what they are doing is uncertain and seems slow, not progressing at the speed we wish. As survivors on this little island that had began to rape our wallets, and take much valuable time from our loved ones to be competitive with teams that do not even have human coaches, we wish for more transparency. After all, it is we who drive the motor that gives the Gods task. Without us, there would be no them. 
11/26/2013 10:05 PM
Easy there, William Golding Jr.

This may be a stretch.
11/26/2013 10:53 PM
LOL citizenkane nice post. I've gotten a half dozen + site mails of other coaches thinking of leaving hopefully things take a turn for the better....
11/26/2013 11:07 PM
I'm an aspiring author, what can I say? My first draft to my first novel is nearly complete!
11/26/2013 11:13 PM
2.0 used a lottery system for pooling potential play outcomes. It also had built in upsets in the playoffs.  No matter how good your team was and no matter how big of advantage you had over your opponent in the playoffs; you could get picked off against any team-any time.  The thought of that alone was enough to make me want to vomit.  Whats the point of doing anything when knowing that forces against your control take effect.  

Was 2.0 easy? Yes!  Did core attributes play a part? To an extent. 2.0 offered no strategy with true payoffs. 

In 3.0 upsets are on the shoulders of the coaches.  Upsets are actually more plentiful in 3.0. The only difference in 3.0 is that you actually have to do something as a coach to earn them.

2.0 was the HUGE failure and with the simple fact that coaches actully got used to it and comfortable with it(despite how many coaches quit because of it) already tells me that 3.0 will be a huge success.
11/27/2013 6:32 AM
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of RB passes, it was the age of no fatigue, it was the epoch greater coaching control, it was the epoch of zone-ish pass coverage, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of Gridiron Dynasty version 3.0, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going the other way.

Charles Dickens: A tale of two Gridiron Dynasty's (1859)
11/27/2013 7:29 AM
Posted by citizenkane on 11/26/2013 10:05:00 PM (view original):
GD 3.0 has taken each of us from the comfort of our home worlds, whether it be of success, failure, or mediocrity, and has placed us all onto the Island of uncertainty. We are now castaways on an island, only speaking the same language, some more grammatically correct than others, and not know how to make the island function to better ensure our survival. A few of us have figured out foraging and gathering techniques, being careful not to give too much away to the other castaways who we compete with. The GD Gods will not answer us in the manner that we seek. They only tell us that food can be obtained, but not how exactly. They are there working to build our world, but what they are doing is uncertain and seems slow, not progressing at the speed we wish. As survivors on this little island that had began to rape our wallets, and take much valuable time from our loved ones to be competitive with teams that do not even have human coaches, we wish for more transparency. After all, it is we who drive the motor that gives the Gods task. Without us, there would be no them. 
Please expand:

Who's Piggy?  (I am guessing the author of Guess Reports)
Who are the Choir (Hunters)
Who flew us to the island (Orielo - or that other guy)
The parachute skeleton has to be JConte or Irish99 (hint...the same guy)
11/27/2013 8:11 AM
I actually feel like Phillip Enright --- where in the hell is my Timothy!!!  All I have to keep me company is Stew Cat
11/27/2013 8:13 AM
Alternate setting:

Current coaches that are winning --- Airstrip One
Current coaches that are losing --- Europa
Current coaches that are losing and always lost --- Eurasia

Lack of Stamina is Strength
Running Backs are Wide Receivers
Advance Setting are Bliss

11/27/2013 8:16 AM
V1.0 = Atlanta prior to Sherman (JConte was Tara)
V2.0 = Reconstruction
V3.0 = Atlanta today --- cosmopolitan, but a hassle to drive anywhere, and guess what...they have no WATER and you are still living in Georgia
11/27/2013 8:18 AM
Posted by sjurat on 11/27/2013 8:11:00 AM (view original):
Please expand:

Who's Piggy?  (I am guessing the author of Guess Reports)
Who are the Choir (Hunters)
Who flew us to the island (Orielo - or that other guy)
The parachute skeleton has to be JConte or Irish99 (hint...the same guy)
Call me piggy again rat-boy, and your teams will never crack the top 100 again. (200 for DIII).  I don't have asthma.   :)
11/27/2013 12:16 PM (edited)
I strongly suggest a human coach sacrifice.  I nominate caesari.  Surely this will placate the WIS gods and give us good fortune.

P.S.  Sorry, I'm not as literary as the above coaches...I'm just a simple man who keeps telling my wife that "I'm a highly successful college football coach".  LOL
11/27/2013 9:39 AM
This argument of 3.0 being way better than 2.0 or just as easy and quick won't stop. I personally don't like it and think it has a long time to go which as I have said several times, is why I quit. It doesn't matter what you think... look at the numbers, already most of the coaches who got a free season to try it are gone... vets are still leaving... hmm I wonder what that means...
11/27/2013 9:57 AM
Debate on 3.0 aside, this thread had amused me the most of any I've seen on a WiS forum.
11/27/2013 11:50 AM
To GD or not to GD That is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous outcomes
Or to take eons to draft a new game plan
And by trying a new strategy - to fail even worse
To quit, to lose no more and by quitting to say that
We shall feel no more the thousand WTFs and heartbreaks
A GD coach is guaranteed
'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished
To quit, to quit to quit, perchance to do something worthwhile
Aye there's the rub
For in quitting what dreams may come
When we have shrugged off this grim bog of despair
Must give us pause
For dreams of success and hope
Make calamity of our urges to quit
For who would bear the whips and scorn of JConte
The engine's wrongs, piggy's insistence on clicking
The pang of despised recruits, the new engine delay
The insolence of coach SimAI that patient GD coaches take
When the coach himself could his cessation make
By merely not renewing?
Who would upsets bear to curse and fight through another weary season
But that the vain hope of a successful season
That unreachable goal from whose summit no logic has ever survived
Puzzles our brains and makes us seek comprehension of something not even bob Hazlewood understands?
Our vain hopes makes cowards of us all
And thus the girded resolve to quit
Is befogged by caesari's posts and piggy's demands for clicks
And our abilities to engage in great enterprises
Are turned awry and fooling ourselves with vain hopes
We lose again on the last play and once again wonder why
We can't call play action

11/27/2013 1:01 PM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
Greatest GD Thread in the History of WIS GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.