Squeeze Play Debate Once Again Topic

My feeling is that if the pitcher is up and a relatively fast runner is on third with less than two outs, especially if it's first and third, and the IF is playing back, I will go for a squeeze.  If I have Bud Harrelson or Freddy Patek up or a good bunter, I will squeeze if I feel it's a good play.  i won't squeeze with a slugger  or a player I feel is a poor bunter.  If the IF is in, I am much less likely to bunt with a position player, although I may still bunt with the pitcher.  On defense, I play the IF in, especially with a pitcher up.  I have no problem if the opposing team bunts if I am playing the IF back, ceding a run for an out or if the situation above is reversed.  This thread can go on forever since it is not a unanimous feeling here.  My suggestion is to play the IF in with less than two outs.
1/4/2014 4:35 PM
What would be great if WIS cared enough to fix the problems and we wouldn't need this discussion.
1/4/2014 7:48 PM
yeah, what he said.
1/9/2014 8:32 PM
I don't squeeze guys in from 3rd.  When I was new, I did it, but I got berated for doing so.  Once I realized it was way to easy and an obvious programming flaw, I stopped doing it all together.

The problem I have is that now you can NEVER do it.  If you do it at all, guys will get ****** off and never play you again.  I had a game where Willie Wilson was my number 8 hitter.  He hit a lead off single and then stole second.  I bunted him over to 3rd with the pitcher spot.  Willie McGee was my leadoff hitter and (to me) was in an ideal spot to bunt in Wilson.  Buuuuuuut, I did not do it simply because I knew the other own would be upset.  Can't win.

1/10/2014 11:57 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Squeeze Play Debate Once Again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.