Manage Your Tail Off---FULL!!! Topic

After managing teams for the last couple years, I've come to the conclusion that low cap leagues are all that I want to play. BUT they are hard to fill. Not sure if folks just like All-Star teams that they can set a lineup and let ride or don't have enough time to manage. My hope is lots join and enjoy... and this league can be continued with success.  

So here's the rules. Low CAP is where it's at. You've got 60-mil. Pick two franchises (1930-current), one American and one National. For one franchise choose all position players and the other all pitchers. No clones. Yes auto- below average AAA. No trades. Ball park from one of your two teams within year parameters.

***NEW EXPANSION RULES*** Owners can create a second team. Owners can also now choose a team that has already been chosen. For example, there can now be two Tiger pitching staffs. HERE'S THE RUB: Owners now place a franchise tag on one position player and one pitcher and list those in the forum for their teams. (I'll keep track in this section.) No other team can use these players from your franchise. This gives first owners of clubs an advantage to choose their favorites first, but doesn't limit a second owner of a club. 

Here's the league number: MLB107582

I consider Houston National League for this league.

So I'll create a master list here for all interested with both their Position Player Franchise and Pitching Franchise. Also included will be franchise players.

Owner                   Position Franchise                       Pitching Franchise                  Stadium                         
Polymerguy               Tigers (Jo-Jo White)                Cubs (Juan Pizarro)                  Comerica Park
Tribefan                      Indians (
Rocky Colavito)        Pirates (Joel Hanrahan)           Forbes Field
Rickysdad                  Yankees (Micky Mantle)         Dodgers (Jerry Reuss)              Yankee Stadium III 
Batgems                    Reds (Dave Collins)               Indians (Luis Tiant)                     Riverfront
Hagsag                       Angels                                       Braves
Jbailey                         Redsox  (Kevin Youklis)        Expos (Bryn Smith)
Zoldab                        Whitesox                                    Astros
Dickg                          Orioles                                        Giants                                           Pac Bel
Craig479                    Pirates                                        Orioles     
Wahoo54                    Cardinals                                  Tigers
Mebyst                      Yankees                                       Braves
Mattedesa           Senators/Rangers(Bobby Bonds) Brewers (Chris Bosio)            Griffith
Italyprof                       Cubs (Ernie Banks)                Yankees (Rich Gossage)         Wrigley
dskantor                    Dodgers (Jeff Kent)                   Redsox (Luis Tiant     
biglenr                        Senators/Twins                         Mets (Sid Fernandez)                Polo Grounds
polymerguy               Rockies (Jeff Hammond)        Rays (Jeremy Hellickson)        Tropicana 98-07
Biglenr                       Rays                                             Expos/Nationals          
sjh0825                     Senators/Rangers                    Whitesox                                       US Cellular
Craig479                   Redsox                                        Pirates
Zoldab                       Expos/Nationals                        Royals
Phoenix01                Angels                                          Diamondbacks    
Italyprof                      Giants                                           BlueJays                    
rbow923                    Giants                                          Whitesox
ewd330                     Indians                                         Reds

1/30/2014 10:37 AM (edited)
Thanks I'll join Pitching Orioles position Cardinals
12/1/2013 6:46 PM
Sorry I am going to have to wait till the 15th if there are still openings money issues
12/1/2013 6:51 PM
Like I mentioned bublooo, low caps take time to fill, so we'll see how it goes. If there's a spot, love to have you.

12/1/2013 7:38 PM
I did horribly in my first low cap league, but I learned a lot and now I love the low cap. I'll do Cleveland for position and Pittsburgh for pitching.
12/1/2013 8:04 PM
Stadium will be Forbes Field.
12/1/2013 8:08 PM
You are doing quite well in the league I'm in with you. I think this we'll be a fun one as well. Thanks Tribefan!
12/1/2013 8:11 PM
I love $60M leagues. I'll wait for the long haul if need be. Pitching Franchise: Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers ; Position Franchise: New York Yankees ; Stadium: TBD
12/1/2013 11:09 PM
OK, another low cap player here i will take the REDS for position players and Indians  for the pitching staff all OHIO put me in Crosley...
12/2/2013 9:29 AM
You got it batgems! Glad to have you. The Indians are now off the table!
12/2/2013 10:35 AM
The Indians are gone... I repeat, Indians are now gone.
12/2/2013 2:19 PM
Lots of fantastic combos left! Pick your favorite American and National league teams and twist pitching and hitting together. Love to have you folks.
12/3/2013 6:55 AM
Four-in. Test your managing skills my friends!
12/3/2013 8:18 PM
Never tried low cap but am a daily checker so I will try with A's hitters(phil/kc/oak I guess?} and pitch with the cards and will tell you they stadium after I research a little.
12/3/2013 8:46 PM
Yes Yarg, the lineage of Athletics is acceptable. Couple tricks, you will NOT meet the recommended PA's and IP's the draft center recommends. And you will use your assigned AAA. We all deal with this when drafting this kind of league, which also leads to fatigue management. But it's a ton of fun with all the juggling. Again, why I like the low cap leagues. You are in my friend and welcome.
12/4/2013 7:01 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
Manage Your Tail Off---FULL!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.