Beltran to the Yankees Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yuck. Not a fan of that deal at all.
12/7/2013 12:15 AM
Yanks are having a DAMN good off-season so far. They add one more quality starter and Pineda gets healthy and they start looking like the team to beat next year.
12/7/2013 1:09 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
WHY does EVERYONE question Ellsbury's durability. He's had two major injuries, BOTH of which came from contact and playing HARD, NOT from him being out-of-shape, brittle, old, bad knees or ankles, etc. He's been UNLUCKY, plain and simple and I don't see him as any more of an injury risk than any average healthy player. BOTH times he's been hurt came from CONTACT plays ON the field. How do you hold that against him and label him "injury-prone"???
12/7/2013 1:46 AM
By the way, just SUBTRACT A-FRAUD completely from the 2014 Yanks. IF he plays, great. If not, that's great too. ALL 2014 projections for the Yank-Me's should just consider 3B at "replacement" level and leave it at that. ANYthing above or below that would be, in my mind at least, a surprise.
12/7/2013 1:50 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 12/7/2013 1:46:00 AM (view original):
WHY does EVERYONE question Ellsbury's durability. He's had two major injuries, BOTH of which came from contact and playing HARD, NOT from him being out-of-shape, brittle, old, bad knees or ankles, etc. He's been UNLUCKY, plain and simple and I don't see him as any more of an injury risk than any average healthy player. BOTH times he's been hurt came from CONTACT plays ON the field. How do you hold that against him and label him "injury-prone"???
rsp777, Ellsbury is a very good player, but if any player deserves the "injury-prone" label it is him.  I watch Boston, and have for many years now, and I can say Jacoby Ellsbury is as brittle as balsa wood.  In the past 4 seasons Ellsbury has played 384 out of a possible 648 games.  These are the facts and they are undisputable
12/7/2013 8:15 AM
Carlos Beltran may be one of the most underrated players ever.  He's one of the greatest I have ever seen, not an over statement.  While he does put up good to very good regular season numbers, he is just plain scary in the playoffs.
12/7/2013 8:19 AM
love the deal. like most (all?) of the other free agent deals, pay for their remaining good years and write off when they suck and aren't worth the $. it's not me paying them, so who gives a **** how much it costs? if the yankees can and will continue to spend, then the money should mean nothing to the fans.
12/7/2013 8:41 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 12/7/2013 1:46:00 AM (view original):
Because, it's not just 2 major injuries.  He's missed games for tweaked hammy's and other various little nags.  He's injury prone.  That's not to say he could shocking stay off the injured list for several years in a row.....but that's a big if.
12/7/2013 8:43 AM
sirgay said it correctly.  I don't think the Beltran deal will hurt them at all.  Ells deal more-than-likely will.
12/7/2013 9:03 AM
Yanks still need to do SOMETHING with pitching.  Starting and BP.  CC looked like a man fading....still a top arm though, but fading.  Who else do they have???
12/7/2013 9:05 AM
what are the yanks gonna do when ellsbury's vagina starts acting up?
12/7/2013 9:23 AM
Posted by Tdiddy on 12/7/2013 9:23:00 AM (view original):
what are the yanks gonna do when ellsbury's vagina starts acting up?
Vagisil
12/7/2013 9:49 AM
Beltran to the Yankees Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.