How the he** does a player go from being green to signing elsewhere?
I had a guy green yesterday morning that I offered a scholly to and this morning he's signed with another school.
12/8/2013 9:42 AM
Well, there were roughly 8 cycles in between there for someone to put in effort and sign him. It's not uncommon for sniping to happen, but that usually occurs over 1-3 cycles. 8  Cycles really isn't a surprise.
12/8/2013 9:57 AM
If recruit was green, you offered scholly, but recruit did not sign, then you failed to do a face to face. 8 cycles is more than plenty to turn a recruit.
12/8/2013 10:36 AM
Well, that is total BS. Once you have a guy green, before someone else can sign him you should get, at the very least, the chance to acknowledge that you know what is happening.
12/8/2013 10:37 AM
No you shouldn't . All's fair in love and war .  He aint yours till he's signed .  In some ways sniping is kind of daring. Waiting and taking the chance that you will sway that player leaning towards someone else while you could have gone after some other sure thing.
        Anyway, sniping is just another strategy.  Recognize it is there, prepare accordingly. And tip your hat to the guy that can snipe the recruit away from you.

12/8/2013 10:51 AM
Posted by headpirate on 12/8/2013 10:36:00 AM (view original):
If recruit was green, you offered scholly, but recruit did not sign, then you failed to do a face to face. 8 cycles is more than plenty to turn a recruit.
I had done a face to face visit. What peeves me is that I didn't even get the chance to battle for him. Had I spent a ton of money on him to knock off sims and then someone else can steal him before I even get the chance to know what is happening is not right. I can't be on my computer every 3 or 4 hours to check on recruits. 
12/8/2013 12:20 PM
Ya its daring in the way its daring to Screw a Married Woman, Tip ur hat my *** more like the One Finger Salute....
12/8/2013 12:23 PM
I won't be tipping my hat, but I will be planning revenge.
12/8/2013 12:35 PM
You have to stay up on RCing. You can not get comfy in the morning and expect to go back the next and nothing has changed. You have to at least look every other cycle. I look every cycle.

There is a good chance that the RC that you want is wanted by at least one other coach and the coach will go after the RC. Like it or not that is part of the game. You have to stay up on it.

12/8/2013 1:05 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 12/8/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
I had done a face to face visit. What peeves me is that I didn't even get the chance to battle for him. Had I spent a ton of money on him to knock off sims and then someone else can steal him before I even get the chance to know what is happening is not right. I can't be on my computer every 3 or 4 hours to check on recruits. 
You couldn't check in one time during those 8 cycles? 
12/8/2013 1:51 PM
You guys who think sniping is immoral just don't get it. Recruiting is a huge part of this game and if a coach feels that guy is gonna help his team and if he has the cash and the b@lls to do it he will go after the guy who will help him. It's not done to hurt you. 
        If you go after a guy later just to pay him back you may be hurting your team.  But you pay for this game and you're entitled to do it your way.

12/8/2013 2:30 PM
Posted by caesari on 12/8/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):
No.. I have a life outside of WIS. Whether it is work or family time it doesn't matter. Makes no sense to have a recruiting process that allows Recruiting to start on a Wednesday........ nothing happens for 3 days...... then they run 8 freakin cycles in 1 day?  That is stupid.
12/8/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 12/8/2013 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 12/8/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):
No.. I have a life outside of WIS. Whether it is work or family time it doesn't matter. Makes no sense to have a recruiting process that allows Recruiting to start on a Wednesday........ nothing happens for 3 days...... then they run 8 freakin cycles in 1 day?  That is stupid.
They run 8 cycles every day except the first. One time every three hours. I only check in 2-3 times a day, because I too have a life outside of WIS. It takes a grand total of 15 minutes. 
12/8/2013 2:57 PM
If someone has the ability to completely change the direction of where a recruit is going to play plus sign him in 1 days time, then I am wasting my time and money.
12/8/2013 4:57 PM
It takes (most of the time) two cycles to change the direction of a recruit plus sign him. Always has. (at least since I've been playing on this and my old main id)
12/8/2013 5:07 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.