GUESS Reports Season 96 Topic

Coach Jethro T. Smugg was considered a cruel coach, a mean bastard, and an tough SOB.  However, what many people did not realize is that Coach Smugg had a softer side too. 

Oh sure, there are the stories about how he refused to allow a player with a cut jugular vein to leave the game in order to get a bandage applied (true), about how he dumped scalding hot coffee in the face of a player who had pased out from dehydration and heat stroke (true), and of course the famous story of how he ran over the puppy of the sister of a player who wouldn't sign with his program (technically true although it was later shown that the puppy ran out into the street in front of the coach.  Coach Smugg did, however, back over the dog, pull forward, back over the dog again, pull forward again, and back over the dog again, before finally driving off.)  But those just reflect the gruff exterior of the personna he displayed to the public.  The public never saw the man who loved opera ("Somebody always dies somewhere along the way," he was quoted as saying), who tended a flower garden ("Just don't go digging around in it until AFTER I'm dead," he told his landlord) and who shed a tear when reading the
GUESS Reports ("How can than jerk expect me to click an ad after ranking me so low???" he was heard to cry.)  All in all, he was quite a complex man.  Coach Smugg died earlier this week when a Fathead peeled off the wall in his office and fell over his face while he slept off a drunken binge, smothering him.  He was 14.

12/8/2013 2:43 PM
Thanks, Bob.
12/8/2013 5:42 PM
Man, I never realized that Coach Smugg was so old!

(Thanks for the GUESS, Bob!)
12/8/2013 6:02 PM
If I made a position change after GUESS was updated, I take it I'd have to wait to see that updated in the roster reports until next season?  

By the way, thanks so much Bob.  Your GUESS reports are one of the main reasons I'm back playing GD. 
12/8/2013 6:54 PM
Thanks bob. Looks like the greatest thread in the history of  GD has really brought out your creative side.   
12/9/2013 6:12 PM
GUESS Reports Season 96 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.