Coach calls question Topic

I have usually called recruits instead of their coaches in the past, but I know some coaches (aejones in particular) advocate coach calls instead for a couple of different reasons.

My question is this: when trying to pull down a player as a D2 coach, if you do a coach call instead of a player call, will you get a subsequent message when a player is now open to being pulled down?

When you call the player and get the backup option message, at some point later in recruiting you'll get a message from the player or your assistant coach saying he is now open to your efforts.  Will this also happen when you use a coach call instead of a player call?

I just took a D2 team and have not coached below D1 for a long time, so I want to make sure I understand how this works before recruiting begins.  Helpful replies appreciated!
12/11/2013 9:16 AM
You get the same drop-down notification with each type of call.  Of course, there's no guarantee you'll be notified at all.  A guy might drop without you getting an update, but that can happen with either type of call.
12/11/2013 10:02 AM
Yes, as llamanuts said, you'll get a drop down message with either call.

Personally I like coach calls better because I always get a response, so when doing pull downs I don't even bother with player calls. But it's up to you.

12/11/2013 2:15 PM
Thanks for the info!
12/11/2013 3:10 PM
Coach calls question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.