The value of ballhandling Topic

What is Ballhandling used to decide?

I believe it's used in the following game event decisions:

Preshot Turnovers-  At some point early on in the event tree there needs to be the questions "Does the offense shot or turn the ball over?"   I believe Ball Handling is involved in this.  It's probably even more important when running an offense vs the press.

Three point shooting-   I think it is a secondary metric in three point shooting.

Two point shooting-  There has to be some sort of equation for scoring that involves SPD and BH.

Just thinking out loud....

12/12/2013 1:40 PM
BH is huge in the game, it helps all 3 of the areas that you stated. If you take a look at my team it is the reason Stan Silberman outperforms Harold Clanton.
12/12/2013 4:20 PM
Changing up my philosophy some, I run Flex which is a type of motion per Hoops 101, so BH and P are supposedly important.

So I'm going to value those two as my top offensive attributes, even on post players. If they happen to also have or develop LP and PER, thats just icing. 

Curios to see how it works out. 

Also doing this because of the high prevelence of teams running press, 

12/12/2013 5:02 PM
The value of ballhandling Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.