D-2 Sim vs. my D-3 Team Recruiting Topic

The player I want is on the D-2 level and has a Sim (that leads, but is open) with interest. How much effort will I need to put into him to drop him down and blow by the Sim? 
12/13/2013 12:48 PM
Several points here.

First, did you check to see if the player is willing to play with you? Send a coach call and see if you're listed as a "backup" option- if he tells you something like "I'd move on..." or "you have no shot" then you CANNOT get the player no matter what you do.

Second, if you can get him, check WOTS and see if the player is listed as "tight"  with the sim team or something similar.  If he is, then it will be a lot more difficult to get the guy. If it says he's "Open to other offers" or "not sold" or anything like that, then it will be much easier.

Third, if the guy is "open or "not sold", check your budget and try to anticipate how much you will need to spend elsewhere (like other battles, players you still want, etc). If you've got the budget, then you may be able to get the guy.

It usually takes multiple scouting trips to pull the guy down, and depending upon the sim's budget, a few HVs or CVs to take the lead.

12/13/2013 12:57 PM
Check out the thread I just posted in.... very tight
12/17/2013 7:09 AM
D-2 Sim vs. my D-3 Team Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.