When fantasy becomes reality... Topic

This post is for the authorities.  I have made real life friends, family & co-workers aware of it.  In the event of an unnatural death, they are to come to this post on this website to help authorities with any investigation. 

A user on this website developed some kind of weird obsession with me not long after I joined this community, became active & started being successful with this game.  Many of you have witnessed constant harassment from this individual toward me, going so far as to name teams after me in leagues I wasn't even a part of.  I'm not sure what I did to upset this obviously disturbed individual, but I guess it doesn't and never has mattered to him.

98average is this user.  He sat on top of the WIS-NBA championship standings for years.  Not too many months ago, he told me that I would never pass him.  Others had tried, but he "made sure" that they would never be able to.  Every one of those users have disappeared from this website & community - often with zero explanation or notification that they were leaving.

I have since caught & passed his championship record (which is ludicrous in the first place, as a) it's a hobby & b) most of us know that monkee actually is the title holder over many aliases).  Several days ago, the owner actually went so far as to threaten me in real life.  I made the administration of this website aware of his harassment many years ago.  They've been tracking it & have attempted to warn him to cool it, even going so far as to temporarily ban him from using league chats to talk to anyone.

He has again threatened me, this time via site mail.  He says he'll "see me soon."

I have never intended to hurt anyone's feelings or be negative towards anyone I have ever come across on this website or in this community.  Yes, I have grown frustrated with members in the past, but I have always made peace with them in some way.  After all, this is a silly hobby & we're all people.  This has gone beyond disturbing.  This is ridiculous.

Odds are, the disturbed individual who has harassed me for years is just making empty threats just to try and run me off from this site (maybe so he can get his record back?  I don't know).  Hopefully, he knows how ridiculous this is & will put it all behind him and perhaps even return to being an active & helpful member of this community.  But if this individual is serious and something, again, this post in this thread is where authorities can go to for more information on their investigation.

Good luck in life, 98average.  I hope you find whatever it is that can bring you peace.

12/14/2013 3:30 AM
What
12/15/2013 11:06 PM
Wow ash, we've had our differences but this is unacceptable. No game is worth this sort of behavior. Hope things work out for the best..GL.
12/16/2013 2:25 PM
98 WTF..have you totally lost your $hit???
12/16/2013 2:27 PM
Things like this are why I'm looking at a career in law enforcement. This is just wrong. Ash, I wish you the best in this holiday season, and hope everything turns out alright.
12/16/2013 3:16 PM
can you post a copy of his message to you. i am interested in reading it
12/19/2013 2:40 PM
When fantasy becomes reality... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.