The GAPL (Great American Progressive League) needs one owner for for the 1924 season. We started in 1901 and have worked our way through to 1923. We are a 12 team league. The Boston Braves are the team looking for an owners right now. We at the 120 game mark tonight, this team looks like it will have the second pick in the second round and beyond. They will have one of the top four picks in the first round depending on the lottery. The rules for the league are below along with the rosters. Contact me if you are interested in this fun league.
Welcome to the 1923 draft for Great American Progressive League. The draft will officially start at 10:00 AM on TBA. It will start untimed TBA
The first two rounds will be two hour slots. Every round after that will be one hour.
Please site mail the next two owners after your pick
Please put position and player name in bold OF - Dave Winfield
I should be around for proxies.
You may pick ahead of your slot if there are no skipped picks.
Great American Progressive League
This league will start with the 1901 season and work our way through the history of baseball.
Full League Rules
* WIS 4 with 12 teams, 2 leagues, 1 division (6-6), 2 playoff teams, no interleague play and a balanced schedule
* Exculsive Player ownership
* NO DH
* No Waiver Wire
* Six Below Average AAA Fielder and four Below Average AAA Pitchers
* Alignment will be as close to possible to the NL/AL
* Opening draft will be a snake style draft 1-12, 12-1. Draft Order will be determined using random.org. Your number will be the order you sign up in. (i.e. the first person signing up will be 1, etc.)
* 25 man roster limit to start. As we progress and add enough players we will draft the extras into AAA
* There are TBA players available in the 1923 draft.
* 1902 draft and on will be determined using the standings at the Transaction Deadline. Bottom four teams will be put in a lottery using Michigan Lottery Daily 4 drawings.
* Picks for the 1924 season CAN NOT be traded until the 1923 season starts.
* Any player you draft that disappears and re-enter the WIS database in later season can be placed on the IR list
* Only full season verisions of the player can be used. No partial seasons
* Players become eligible to be drafted when the first appear in the WIS Database
* Team names must have the State, City or Borough of the stadium's location. The nickname is up to you. You can use the orginal nickname or one you make up.
* When your team switches stadiums in real life you must do the same.
* You can change cities in future years but you must use one of your first three draft picks to select the Stadium.
PLEASE CHECK THE KEEPER LIST FOR ANY OF YOUR PLAYERS THAT MIGHT BE LISTED AS AVAILABLE. IF YOU PLAYER IS TAKEN YOU CAN CLAIM HIM BACK BEFORE THE NEXT DRAFT CHOICE IS TAKEN BUT ONCE THE NEXT PICK IS MADE HE IS PROPERTY OF THE TEAM DRAFTED HIM. There will be at least 48 hours to check you players.
12/22/2013 1:35 PM (edited)