Recruiting at DI for Triangle and Man2Man Topic

What abilities should be recruited for the triangle offense and Man 2 man defense?
Thanks
12/19/2013 7:17 PM
DEFENSE is more or less the same for all sets.   There are some subtle differences but a good defender in man is a good defender in zone and press.

Triangle is supposed to emphasize passing and perimeter a little more (I think) than the others.
12/19/2013 11:19 PM
I play exclusively Triangle / M2M these days. I think one of the big benefits of this combo is that Triangle doesn't require every player to have scoring ability, which means you can go after high ATH / DEF types who don't have much PER / LP.  You can be pretty successful with 12 good defenders and just 4-5 good scorers on your roster.
12/20/2013 2:43 PM
thanks guys.
12/21/2013 7:15 PM
I've had a lot of success with Triangle/M2M with my St. Mary's TX team in D2 Iba.  I would echo what bhansalid00 had to say, with an addition or 2.  You should have 2-3 scorers in your starting lineup and 2-3 off the bench.  Focus on ATH and DE for all 12 players.  Your PG should not be one of your key scorers.  Focus on ATH, SPD, DE, BH and P at PG.  I've also found that big men with a little SPD tend to be pretty good scorers in Triangle.
12/21/2013 7:45 PM
Recruiting at DI for Triangle and Man2Man Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.