Oriole, any update on fatigue? Topic

Seems like this is, by far, the #1 issue in the game that needs to be addressed ASAP.   I know you were doing tests, but no word in the last week. 

Also, I'm curious why it was taken out in the first place, since I believe it was part of 2.0 (or maybe I'm mistaken and it never was in the lst version).
12/19/2013 11:23 PM
The system is probably more complex then it needs to be so I'm trying to reduce the complexity and figure out the best outcome. 

2.0 had fatigue (I believe), but the new system adjusted the underlying structures so some of the influences changed and reduced the impact of fatigue. 3.0 has fatigue, it is not doing much. The two main issues are that the recovery is almost as fast as the fatigue and that the fatigue is relatively slow. So when you have a drive of say 8 plays, your players might start to get fatigued, but as soon as the other team comes on the field they will recover completely and start over. 

I'm changing the structures now and testing it. I think I have a way simplified model that will make it easy to adjust. I'm going to start by increasing the fatigue rate up just a bit and decreasing the recovery rate. Then once I have a good grasp on how this changes the real games as well as my test games I'll up the levels to a more realistic level. 
12/20/2013 1:36 PM
Oriole, I understand you are working on the rate of fatigue, but can you address if it currently impacts the player's performance.  In other words, if a player drops to 90%, does that mean they are playing at 90% of their overall effectiveness.  I think that's the key point that needs to be addressed as I don't believe fatigue is impactng player performance.  We really need to eliminate the ridiculousness of players catching 30 passes a game, or getting all of a team's carries because fatigue is having no effect.  Thanks for all your hard work!
12/20/2013 6:42 PM
Keep on testing,  It need to be right though or else all the other intricate touches will be worthless. 
12/30/2013 11:02 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 12/20/2013 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Oriole, I understand you are working on the rate of fatigue, but can you address if it currently impacts the player's performance.  In other words, if a player drops to 90%, does that mean they are playing at 90% of their overall effectiveness.  I think that's the key point that needs to be addressed as I don't believe fatigue is impactng player performance.  We really need to eliminate the ridiculousness of players catching 30 passes a game, or getting all of a team's carries because fatigue is having no effect.  Thanks for all your hard work!
+1
12/31/2013 11:48 AM
Oriole, any update on fatigue? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.