Crum World Question 12/21/13 Topic

Since nobody has seen this on the Crum forums and responded, here goes to everybody. 

Getting ready to accept new Coaches on 12/22, and wondering what D3 Conference to join.  Have played in barren ones, and have played in competitive ones!

But since you all play in them already, which one should I choose?  I already have a regional bias towards the USA South, Ohio, and ODAC.  So if you cannot convince me I will migrate to one of them!
12/21/2013 4:34 PM
At D3, Freedom, Ohio, and Centennial have dominated the last few seasons (and in that order).
12/21/2013 5:02 PM
Freedom has had the top RPI for about 7 years running, has the most bonus recruiting money, and has 8 of the last 9 national champion winning coaches. None of our 3 new openings are in completely terrible shape since all were recently human run.

Ohio has a bunch of nice guys and is very active so they'd be a fine choice.

The Centennial is... um, fun to bust? (sort of an inside joke)

Those have clearly been the best conferences recently, in that order.
12/21/2013 5:57 PM
wvu, we'd love to have you in Freedom.  Sorry we didn't see your post in the Crum forums.  We would like to be full, we have been the last few season, and we have great coaches.  Plus we since most of us joined the conference together we've always been the top conference, and we've always earned the most recruiting money.  
We'd love to have you join.  
And for anyone else who sees this thinking about joining Crum DIII, come to Freedom.
12/21/2013 6:55 PM
We'd love to have you in the Ohio, wvufan. We have nine human coaches and are consistently one of the top conferences in Crum D3. 
12/21/2013 8:02 PM
It looks like Buena Vista in the Iowa Conference would be a good choice. They have an A+ rating with  3 seniors and 5 juniors. Their coach just moved to DII
12/21/2013 8:24 PM
Buena Vista is a good job,  but in a conference with only 1 other coach.
12/21/2013 8:43 PM
Have a team in Crum D3. Definitely go there, the board is very active and great group of guys!
12/21/2013 8:57 PM
Midwest conference - wvufan76, - great group of guys recently got tomcecil along with perennial powerhouse depauw. Lake Forest open if you want to win right away. knox is the best opportunity if you want to build the program your way. We could use you in Midwest for sure.
12/21/2013 10:51 PM
Going to make a general plea even after wvu joined...

A lot of quality options available. A number of good coaches left the world so many win-now programs are available such as A+ Buena Vista, A+ Chicago (albeit in an empty conference), and Piedmont and Cal Santa Cruz in half filled conferences.

Freedom still has some front row seats to the Robert Hodge show!!!
12/22/2013 8:58 AM
And also, I offer free mentoring for anyone who joins my conference :)
12/22/2013 9:09 AM
Crum World Question 12/21/13 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.