LB's selected to play line Topic

When setting up formations, if you put a LBer at line does this mean he will play on the LOS or just closer? If he is now on the LOS do his strength / tackling get figured into the DL average?

Also, if you were setting a 43 and put the LOLB on the line would he then be set to play next to the LDE? Seems obvious that he would but wasn't sure if that's how it worked in game. If that's true then where would the middle backer line up if set to line?

12/25/2013 7:15 PM
This thing is so counter-initiative / the coders built in so many factors that I doubt they can actually define whatif situations...which is pretty funny when you factor in the site's name.

I think they got way too over ambition with the 2.0 & 3.0 rewrites --- fine-tune it instead of redesign
12/25/2013 10:22 PM
I look at it differently.  I look at it as setting whether the LB plays run or pass coverage not setting where his physical location will be during the play.  If the LB is set to line hes going to look to play the run first.  If hes set to cover naturally hes focusing on pass first.  Not saying this is right but that's how I thought it worked.
12/26/2013 11:02 AM
LB's selected to play line Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.