ATBA progressive filled Topic

All-Time Basketball Assoc. Season 12 (1962-1978)

The ATBA is a single season progressive league.  The original draft pool
consisted of all the WifS players from 1951 - 1967.  Since the inaugural draft
we have moved forward one season at a time with single year drafts.
The current Season 11 is still playing.  The coming Season 12 will predominately
feature players from the 1978 NBA season.
There still are a few players from the inaugural draft but many of these players
are closer to retirement.

Stickmen of Atlantic City N.J.- AVAILABLE
'78-'79 Jim Brewer
'68-'69 Sam Jones
'78-'79 Ralph Simpson
'78-'79 Doug Collins
'78-'79 Wes Unseld
'65-'66 John Kerr
'78-'79 Jamaal Wilkes
'78-'79 Lionel Hollins
'78-'79 Phil Jackson
'78-'79 Larry Wright
'78-'79 Kent Benson
'78-'79 Curtis Rowe

Every player on the roster is available for Season 12.  You will want to cut at least one player.
Currently the team is in 4th place in the Atlantic Div. with a record of 20 - 46.  
This team currently qualifies for the 1978 rookie draft 6 team weighted lottery.
Minutes are not an issue for this team and have some nice players to build around for the coming season
or have some legitimate trade value.
Jamaal Wilkes is the teams best player and in prime of his career.  Wes Unseld still has 3 solid seasons left.
Lionel Hollins & Larry Wright not spectacular but a good Point Guard combo.  Which is a valuable commodity
in this league.  Kent Benson & John Kerr are decent at Center and this team has a solid bench for Season 12.

The 1978 rookie draft isn't very deep but still good value in the top 10.

Mychal Thompson  Maurice Cheeks    Purvis Short   Michael Ray Richardson   Michael Cooper  Mike Mitchell

This is a league which has grown over the past year and has enjoyed 11 very competitive seasons. 
Our future is solid and full of great owners who are in for the long haul.  We still have many exciting seasons ahead
including the legendary '79 draft only two seasons away.
This team will be improved for the upcoming Season 12 or has some good trade pieces which could put you in a very
good position for Season 13 ('79 rookie draft).
sm me if any questions and I'll add you to our private forum to look around and see what this league is about.
We love to compete and have some fun!

12/26/2013 12:05 AM (edited)
I am interested.
12/26/2013 10:40 PM
well, i'm more than interested, i'll re-commit to this league, sea. didn't i use to have a miami squad in this league? can't remember. but pharrop was here first. he gets first shot. 
12/27/2013 4:00 PM
Ni How scudmissle.  Of course your welcome.  Looks like pharrop is going take the Stickmen. 
Still have 3 or 4 owners carrying 2 teams.  I'll check and see if any of them want to give one up.
I'll get back to you. 
And yeah you had the Beach Boys a few seasons back.  I believe they transplanted to D.C.
and have become the Bullets.
12/27/2013 9:39 PM
I might be interested if someone wants to give up a team. :-)
12/27/2013 10:49 PM
ni hao, sea!

ni hao ma? (how are you?) i read your smail. xie xie ni (thank you) sounds like a real dog team, but just what i need. haha.
12/31/2013 11:10 PM
ATBA progressive filled Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.