SF or PF in a Motion Offense for this guy??? Topic

http://whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2565453

I want to put him at PF because of his lack of SPD and strong LP rating but his low ATH rating makes me think otherwise. He might be a huge asset as a passer down from the post as well as a solid scoring option from anywhere on the court.

To ask one step further, do you see him being an every game starter or a scorer/passer/ball handler off the bench? I feel like he can be a very good player if used correctly but his attributes are so odd to me...
12/26/2013 6:55 AM
Defensively, he's a negative.  He'll get owned by any decent SF or PF. If you move him around and your opponent guess's wrong, you might be able to get away with starting him but it's a 50-50 gamble every game.  

I would be most comfortable playing him at the 4 off the bench.   That should limit his holes (REB,DEF) somewhat.   I think he probably will be an efficient 3 point shooter as well from the 4.
12/26/2013 7:32 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 12/26/2013 7:33:00 AM (view original):
Defensively, he's a negative.  He'll get owned by any decent SF or PF. If you move him around and your opponent guess's wrong, you might be able to get away with starting him but it's a 50-50 gamble every game.  

I would be most comfortable playing him at the 4 off the bench.   That should limit his holes (REB,DEF) somewhat.   I think he probably will be an efficient 3 point shooter as well from the 4.
Full court press should help offset some of his defensive inefficiencies thought right? As long as I have a SF and a C with good DEF on the court with him? I am leaning towards having him come off the bench because I agree that it will limit his role as a Rebounder. Plus he will ensure that we have good ball movement and scoring off the bench. Thanks for the input Trentonjoe.
12/26/2013 8:28 AM

I agree with this.  I also think the only way you could justify starting him is if you played zone, where you can have some luck "hiding defenders."  He's too much of an ath/def liability in man or press to justify starting, in my opinion.
12/26/2013 9:30 AM
Posted by brantm217 on 12/26/2013 8:28:00 AM (view original):

Full court press should help offset some of his defensive inefficiencies thought right? As long as I have a SF and a C with good DEF on the court with him? I am leaning towards having him come off the bench because I agree that it will limit his role as a Rebounder. Plus he will ensure that we have good ball movement and scoring off the bench. Thanks for the input Trentonjoe.
Not even a little bit.  Not only will he still get burned starting for a pressing team, he'll commit an enormous number of fouls.  I'd put him as the first backup at the 3 and 4.  If I did have to start him, I'd rather have him at SF than PF, but that's just me, and apparently nobody else who's responded to you feels the same way...
12/26/2013 3:21 PM
SF or PF in a Motion Offense for this guy??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.