SimLeague Baseball Update Topic

I recently submitted a support ticket asking for them to at least communicate with us.

Here is the (verbatim) response:

"We fully sympathize with your frustration at the lack of game updates. Believe it or not, we feel that same frustration here. We've taken on a number of projects and our resources are pretty thin right now. However, please understand that we haven't abandoned the games. We have plenty of ideas, and it's only a matter of time for us to get back to where we're updating them more regularly.

Unfortunately, I can't give a specific answer to what's coming next or when."

5/28/2014 5:44 PM
why does that sound so familiar?

5/29/2014 7:05 AM
And your ticket, contrarian23, was not even asking about updates per se, but only that they communicate with us, that is not as a reply to your ticket but by posting something like "We understand your frustrations with the lack of communication on our part. You are right, and we apologize, to go such long periods with neither an update, nor even a reply to the legitimate complaints by those using our site is inexcusable on our part. We will do better from now on."

5/30/2014 6:12 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 5/28/2014 5:44:00 PM (view original):
I recently submitted a support ticket asking for them to at least communicate with us.

Here is the (verbatim) response:

"We fully sympathize with your frustration at the lack of game updates. Believe it or not, we feel that same frustration here. We've taken on a number of projects and our resources are pretty thin right now. However, please understand that we haven't abandoned the games. We have plenty of ideas, and it's only a matter of time for us to get back to where we're updating them more regularly.

Wow, looks like we're 6 months away from being 6 months away from being 6 months away..........  . This sounds strangely similar to what they told the people who approached Wonka's Chocolate Factory and the Wizard of Oz. Does anyone here have the ruby slippers or a golden ticket?
5/30/2014 12:44 PM
He is basically admitting their funding has been pulled for this sim, only a matter of time now when they will announce a shut down date.
5/30/2014 11:18 PM
I love certain aspects of this game, but the lack of attention that it has been given is frustrating.  I am heavily considering quitting this site for good.  I've been here since 2002 and have probably spent close to $10,000.  Looking back, I should have done something more fruitful with that, like contributing to a 401k, or something like that.  I think my exit is fast approaching.  Many people feel the same and many have already left.
5/31/2014 1:43 AM
 We've taken on a number of projects and our resources are pretty thin right now. 
 (We only have enough money to work on a limited number of projects at once. SLB is not one of them.)

However, please understand that we haven't abandoned the games.
(Instead we have just abandoned any attempt to communicate with our customers on a regular basis.)

We have plenty of ideas, and it's only a matter of time for us to get back to where we're updating them more regularly.
(We have gotten plenty of ideas over the last 5 years from our past attempts to update SLB, even though they fail to materialize. Now we have NO Freaking clue when it will happen so we decided it was best not to pretend that we know.)

Back in Oct/Nov I joined GD3 when they were passing out free seasons so I thought I would try it. It was a newly released version of their Grid Iron Dynasty game. (So they must have resources for some projects). Anyway, the game update from GD2 to GD3 was released with lots of bugs. I never played GD2 so I wasn't aware of all them. Fatigue to players wasn't even considered so you could have a Running back carry the ball every play or throw the ball to a Wide Receiver every play and they would never get tired. Not very realistic.
Now 6 months later they have released version GD3.1 and once again it is so full of bugs. They expect the customer to play and PAY for these games while they make the fixes on the fly. They haven't even got everything that was wrong in GD3 fixed and they roll out GD3.1. What a joke.

5/31/2014 8:57 AM
I would bet they're throwing token money into GD to reel in Fantasy Football players, who in this day far out number sim baseball fans.
5/31/2014 12:25 PM
el birdo hurt Jay Carney's feelings so he resigned ! 

Any chance you could do one on Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany? 
5/31/2014 5:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
A comical post from the GD Forum concerning fatigue with the update.... we are not alone.

Ok So I decided to beat up on a d3 team with very few defenders.  Notice the tackler Nielson's fatigue at ZERO!!! and still makes the tackle.
Here is my rendition of the PBP:

Ball State lines up in the wishbone while the defense uses the 4-4. There DT Nielson appears to be sleeping on the field. The refs decide to play on. Hickey snaps the ball and hands off to Harris who plows to the left. Harris doesn't notice Nielson sleeping on the field and trips over him. While tripping, Jupiters orbit around the sun makes its cloest pass to Earth in nearly 90,000 years Causing strange gravitational flucuations making  Harris to fall backwards for no gain on the play; rather then falling forward over nielson for a gain of one....

Seriously, WHAT IS THIS $HIT?

2:50 2 2nd & 2   OFF: Wishbone    DEF: 4-4
75 QB Shawn Hickey
60 OL1 Maurice Torres
61 OL2 Troy Bennett
60 OL3 Jack Scott
66 OL4 Kenneth Dougherty
88 OL5 Jason Tidwell
41 TE Phillip Grimm
53 RB1 David Brown
58 RB2 Ronald Harris
60 RB3 Robert Davis
83 WR Sam Johnson
86 DL1 Robert Rich
0 DL2 Darrell Nielsen
56 DL3 Michael Adkins
56 DL4 George Silver
64 LB1 William Booker
60 LB2 Terry Seymour
74 LB3 Wayne Fuller
81 LB4 David Forbes
47 CB1 Daniel Williamson
55 CB2 Robert Morgan
76 FS Joseph Lee

Ronald Harris rushes left end for 0 yards (Darrell Nielsen).

6/4/2014 10:04 AM (edited)
0 Fatigue has never meant "sleeping". I've always interpreted it to mean "About as effective as Joe Blow on the street", because a 0 percent pitcher *can* make an out, just not very often, and the like. (Granted, I'm discussing baseball not football but I'd imagine the fatigue relevancy to be similar)

If Harris ran straight at Nielsen, I could see a tackle being made here. Harris himself is only at 58, so far from full speed himself. Not likely, perhaps, but the SIM in any sport is a game of probabilities.
6/4/2014 1:32 PM
finishing my teams and my points etc and i am gone...
6/8/2014 5:51 AM
A WORD OF WARNING!!!!!

For all those wishing to see a huge update in SLB-take a stroll through the GD forum and the many opinions of the state of that game, as it exists today.

An update was made from the popular V1.0 to V2.0. Yes, I plated 1.0 under an old user name.

Resulting in loss of many users. Majority did not like the new version. Many wished for a return to V1.0, only to be told that it was impossible due to changes in computers and programming etc.(Heh, I'm not a computer geek-you can ask bhazelwood for a better clarification).

An update was then made to go from V2.0 to V3.0. The game is now an absolute joke.
Aside from dumbing down DIII to entice more new users, and thereby forcing many users to move up to DII, abandoning the team they built In DIII and start anew in DII.
The game logic is horrible.
The responses from the developer is atrocious. Both in quantity (you'll be lucky to get a response once every month-even when the game was in beta) and quality (the game is a joke-i.e. RB's getting 600 receptions in a season, in just a few seasons destroying previous receiving records that were established over a 100 seasons).

I could go on-but just check the GD forums.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.
6/11/2014 1:05 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 12/26/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
SimLeague Baseball owners,

We’ve received several support tickets and emails recently regarding the state of SimLeague Baseball and the lack of updates to the game. SLB has not seen an update (other than annual import of teams/players and minor bug fixes) in several years. It is long overdue.

Technology has changed substantially since SLB was originally built in ~2001. We added features and improved the game through the end of the decade.  But in order to truly grow and improve the game, we had to rebuild from scratch in new development languages to best take advantage of all the new browser features and tablet/smart phone trends.  We began the project in early 2013 and made significant process but the project was put on hold midway through the year.

Over the last five years, our development team has grown, both in terms of size and scope. We have more on our plate than just the games and features on whatifsports.com.  Many of these other tasks have hard deadlines due to the seasonality of the associated sport and they occasionally interfere with our ability to update our WIS games as frequently as we’d like to. 

Several of us have been at WIS for over a decade and still love the games we’ve created here.  We continue to discuss game improvements for all our games on a daily basis.  We still enjoy playing the games ourselves.  And we’re excited to rebuild SLB because we all know how much better it can become.

Once it’s in the new development environment, it will be significantly easier for us to add new features including a new Live player. We have been maintaining a list of user suggestions for years and many will be incorporated in the new version. And we’re sure once the new version is out, suggestions will continue to arrive. It’s that direct relationship with our user base that has always made working at WIS so rewarding – knowing we’re making the games the way you want to play them.

We anticipate re-starting the new SLB project early this year. The plan is to open it up for testing during significant phases of the project (theme wizard, draft/player search, Manager’s Office, GM’s office, etc.) During those testing phases, we hope to work with as many of you as possible to help make the game as good as it can be when we release the new version.

Once the project re-starts, we will update the Development Blog forum thread to keep everyone aware of our progress and timelines for testing.

Until then, we sincerely thank you for continuing to play the game. We continue to investigate support tickets, read every suggestion that comes in and fix bugs that are brought to our attention.
It's 9 months later, Tom. Anything to report?
9/29/2014 5:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
SimLeague Baseball Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.