Another service time question Topic

I have a player in AAA whose service time reads 2.147.  I definitely want him on the roster for the playoffs this season, but don't want to call him up so early that he goes to arb after this season.  Can he play the last 14 games, some other number?  He's been in the minors well beyond 20 days.  Any help is appreciated.
12/26/2013 11:15 AM

A year of ML ser vice is 172 days, so he can be on your ML roster for 24 days (up to 2.171).

Sounds like he's really a AAAA guy, so playing the "arb game" probably is not really buying you much if any value.  My experience with these types of players (I don't know who you're particular guy is, so obviously your milage may vary) is that they often will have minimal arb demands ($360k).

12/26/2013 11:23 AM
naw, he's really good.  i traded for him, but had a playoff spot locked up so assigned him to AAA in order to save a year.  thanks for the info!

12/26/2013 11:24 AM
OK.

But just a couple of examples of minimal arb demands: Maicer Rosario and John Weston.  Both guys spent the previous 3 seasons on my ML roster as bench guys / part-time players.  Both had arb-1 demands this season of $378k.
12/26/2013 11:28 AM
He's been a full time player so I could expect him to ask for more?  Anyway, at this point no harm in keeping him down another 10-15 games unless I'm missing something?  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Sal Allen
12/26/2013 11:35 AM
Another service time question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.