Does OT in an exhibition enhance improvement? Topic

SHow me a quote from ADMIN and I will believe you.   But I have tracked growth after exhibition games and have found no difference between that growth and growth after "off days" on the calendar.
1/2/2014 8:22 AM
So you really think that if you took two identical players, played one for 30 minutes during each exhibition game and the other just sat the bench ... that growth would be the same? That's not true.

And mully, you and I have been at this long enough to know that neither of us should be relying on admin/seble for much of anything, nor would I spend a microsecond even trying to look.
1/2/2014 9:12 AM
Yes I think that is true for exhibition games. 

I know for a fact that I have never seen s single point of WE increase during an exhibition game.  To me it makes more sense that the engine treats exhibition games like "off days" vs treating them like normal games where all growth is the same except that WE is turned off.

That's just my thinking.
1/2/2014 2:55 PM
This is what is posted in the HD FAQ section:
Q: Is there any reason to play (or not play) an exhibition game?
A: Every game you play helps your players improve by giving them more game experience, exhibition games are no exception. In addition, it's also a great opportunity for coaches to experiment with different lineups, depths, tempos, etc. Those are the logical reasons, not so logical reasons may be that you want to take on a buddy in another conference or you want to see how your team stakes up with the elite programs in DI. The downside to playing an exhibition game is that you always risk having a player go down with an injury.
1/2/2014 4:29 PM
The original question was whether overtime minutes in an exhibition game affect improvement.  If it does, it is a miniscule amount.  One time I forgot to schedule exhibition games, and I panicked a little, thinking I just missed out on an opportunity to improve.  I was surprised to see that all my players had improved.  They might not have improved as much as they would have had I scheduled exhibition games, but if that's the case, the difference was pretty minor.  So if we're answering the question about a 5 minute overtime period, I'm just saying I wouldn't get that excited about all the additional playing time & improvement opportunity that could have generated, if any. 
1/2/2014 5:33 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/2/2014 8:22:00 AM (view original):
SHow me a quote from ADMIN and I will believe you.   But I have tracked growth after exhibition games and have found no difference between that growth and growth after "off days" on the calendar.
1/2/2014 3:03 PM girt25
Does playing time in exhibition games help ratings improvement?

(IE if you have two identical players, and one plays 30 minutes in both exhibition game and the other does not play at all, will Player 1 have more ratings improvement?)

Thanks,
Dan
1/2/2014 5:37 PM Customer Support
Dan,

Yes, exhibition game minutes do help with player improvement.
1/2/2014 5:50 PM
1st time Ive ever been wrong...........that stings
1/2/2014 8:37 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/2/2014 8:37:00 PM (view original):
1st time Ive ever been wrong...........that stings
mully, I'll let you know when I have my first time ...
1/2/2014 8:56 PM
Can you long time coaches confirm this - someone posted that IQ is only affected by Practice Time, and that Playing Tine has no effect. Is this accurate?
1/3/2014 12:41 AM
jeez, I feel like I'm taking ******* crazy pills after having read this forum from start to finish.....how in the wild world of what if sports do two coaches with a combined record of 233 seasons, 8 national championships, and 5,297 wins come on the forum and say that playing time in exhibition games has no impact on player improvement????

I don't know what's more impressive, whether it's being that wrong in spite of having spent so much time on this website (not to mention having access to that information almost the entire time) or the balls it takes just to clack out that dumbfounding response, especially as the first person to offer theirs up.

1/3/2014 5:48 AM
Posted by bobmeyer on 1/3/2014 12:41:00 AM (view original):
Can you long time coaches confirm this - someone posted that IQ is only affected by Practice Time, and that Playing Tine has no effect. Is this accurate?
Work ethic affects IQ development as well.  Since playing time improves WE, you could say it has an indirect affect on IQ improvement.
1/3/2014 8:27 AM
nice analysis darnoc
1/3/2014 10:09 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/3/2014 5:48:00 AM (view original):
jeez, I feel like I'm taking ******* crazy pills after having read this forum from start to finish.....how in the wild world of what if sports do two coaches with a combined record of 233 seasons, 8 national championships, and 5,297 wins come on the forum and say that playing time in exhibition games has no impact on player improvement????

I don't know what's more impressive, whether it's being that wrong in spite of having spent so much time on this website (not to mention having access to that information almost the entire time) or the balls it takes just to clack out that dumbfounding response, especially as the first person to offer theirs up.

That stings AND is mean spirited!
1/3/2014 5:10 PM
we need a thread in which we record the first time various HD noteworthies are wrong. 

1/3/2014 6:40 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/3/2014 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/3/2014 5:48:00 AM (view original):

That stings AND is mean spirited!
I'm not apologizing for what I said or for how it came off, but I would like to add that it wasn't done purely for the purpose of being mean spirited. It's just irritating to see information that bad & incorrect being offered up on the forum, especially in such a matter of fact manner - and I don't think people should be able to just slide by when they do something like that. 
1/4/2014 10:18 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Does OT in an exhibition enhance improvement? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.