The Headsman's Axe Topic

12/30/2013 9:44 AM
12/30/2013 9:45 AM
12/30/2013 9:45 AM
Chudz will get $10M+ for having to coach 1 season of the Browns. Good payout.

Also reports are they want O'Brien or McDaniels(!). This after fellow NE men Crennel and Mangini busted for them.
12/30/2013 10:37 AM
12/30/2013 7:29 PM (edited)
Reserved for Jim Schwartz
12/30/2013 7:30 PM (edited)
I think Philbin is the interesting one.   

Looked like a goner for sure with losing/bullying.   Then looked like he saved it by winning.  Then fail to show up the last two weeks to keep themselves out of the playoffs. 
12/30/2013 12:53 PM

Still on the hot seat: Philbin, Coughlin, Munchak and Garrett.

The funny thing is that most of these guys will just be recycled to other teams.

12/30/2013 1:04 PM
I don't think Coughlin is on the hot seat.     Allen might be.
12/30/2013 1:05 PM
Coughlin only leaves if he retires, I think he's the oldest head coach in the NFL.
12/30/2013 2:13 PM
Allen is, but unless it's an impact hire...meaning Cowher or Gruden or someone of that ilk(Not Lovie Smith, Denny Green, or Ken Whisenhunt), I say stay pat.  The beginning of any kind of franchise resurgence is mainly going to be determined by what McKenzie does this draft and with 70 million bucks of free agency dollars..  Allen is McKenzie's boy, so let that ride another year.  Nothing this year really jumped out at me as being terrible coaching decisions this year and we won one more game than I thought we would.
12/30/2013 4:27 PM
I'm not a Browns fan, just looking at this from afar, but Chudz appears to have gotten a raw deal.  He comes to a team that's not set to compete, his one star receiver is suspended for the first month of the season, in which his stud running back is sent away (for a draft pick Chudz will never get to coach).  What did you expect from the guy?  Unless he had claimed in his interview that he'd be able to bring Otto Graham back in his prime from some alternate dimension, what were you going to expect from this season?
12/30/2013 4:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/30/2013 1:05:00 PM (view original):
I don't think Coughlin is on the hot seat.     Allen might be.
Coughlin should be.  One playoff appearance in the past 5 seasons.  Other than the two SB wins, he's had three "one and done"s in the post season with the Giants.

As a Giants fan, I want and expect better.

And Kevin Gilbride is a horrible OC.  He's gotta go.
12/30/2013 5:27 PM
With a guy like Coughlin, you have to ask "Have the players stopped listening?"   I've not heard anything to that effect like in Washington.    It's not like he forgot how to coach.   So who are you going to get?

Now guys like Chudzick, Allen, Frazier, Munchak, etc, etc,, they have no track record.  They have to produce every season.
12/30/2013 6:19 PM
Lovie is the odds on favorite for the Bucs job.
12/30/2013 7:49 PM
The Headsman's Axe Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.