O R I O L E. I need clarification. Topic

Where are we with Showing "RB" on the wr drop down menu on the formation page for shotgun?  I need this bad.  

You guys said you would do this.  My reggie bush really wants to play next season and if I tell him he is a wr instead of a rb then he will get mad and not work as hard plus he will magicly become less elusive.  
1/2/2014 9:12 AM
Stick him at RB in the Trips formation.  Same thing.

1/2/2014 10:08 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 1/2/2014 9:12:00 AM (view original):
Where are we with Showing "RB" on the wr drop down menu on the formation page for shotgun?  I need this bad.  

You guys said you would do this.  My reggie bush really wants to play next season and if I tell him he is a wr instead of a rb then he will get mad and not work as hard plus he will magicly become less elusive.  
I would love this. 

Would be nice to be able to use TEs in the fullback position as well. 
1/2/2014 11:35 AM (edited)

H-Back postions (lines up at TE/FB)   - Chris Cooley type
WR/RB -- scat back ?  -- Dexter McCluster type

Jumbo package -- add a OL at TE (receiver eligible?)

1/2/2014 11:02 AM
I don't want to use trips. I want to disguise reggie bush into the shotgun.
1/2/2014 11:03 AM
Yeah, with the importance of formation IQ (maybe kinda sorta - still unknown in version 3), you can't just use a different formation to get one guy in the game if your team has focused on another formation for multiple seasons prior.  Well you can, but it shouldn't be as effective as if you used the formation your team has been practicing.   
1/2/2014 11:25 AM
Posted by glaity on 1/2/2014 11:02:00 AM (view original):

H-Back postions (lines up at TE/FB)   - Chris Cooley type
WR/RB -- scat back ?  -- Dexter McCluster type

Jumbo package -- add a OL at TE (receiver eligible?)

Great Idea.
1/2/2014 12:06 PM
I like the idea, but if we are going to start doing that kind of thing, then we need to be able to match up 1 on 1 with our defenses.  I would want to bring a corner or safety to match up with your Reggie Bush....and give him a nice "pop" at the line every single play.

So, if we cannot defend against those kinds of nuances, then I'm against it until the defenses have the capability to match up.
1/2/2014 2:40 PM
Wish we could recruit players without regard to position, and assign position once they sign and report
1/2/2014 2:47 PM
Posted by headpirate on 1/2/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Wish we could recruit players without regard to position, and assign position once they sign and report
Or do some "natural" conversions with less penalties.  RB to WR, WR to RB, RB to TE, 
1/2/2014 7:03 PM
This would be pretty simple to address if the developers had the time or inclination; include another 'position' in the recruit pool that is "Athlete" (just as we have in actuality), and then when you change the position there would be no effect on attributes.  They could set it so you receive an email from the Althlete recruits during exhibition: "Glad to be here, coach, where do you think I would best fit into your system?" etc.
1/2/2014 7:09 PM
To me - all of these should be possibilities - just make this game more creative and use some imagination. Recruiting, formations, player positioning, and other things. But just a dream, two years and they can't get the engine right - <big sigh and plants forehead into the keyboard>
1/2/2014 10:07 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 1/2/2014 10:07:00 PM (view original):
To me - all of these should be possibilities - just make this game more creative and use some imagination. Recruiting, formations, player positioning, and other things. But just a dream, two years and they can't get the engine right - <big sigh and plants forehead into the keyboard>
That's the spirit!
1/2/2014 10:32 PM
Uhm katz.....did you forget that you stuck a pencil in your keyboard that was sticking straight up?  Thats gotta hurt!!
1/3/2014 9:56 AM
1/6/2014 5:53 AM
1234 Next ▸
O R I O L E. I need clarification. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.