I'm down to clown...if you`re down??? Topic

Here is what I suggest we do, in the spirit of the current ncaa basketball season, I say we improve our year around basketball seasons.

It has been way too long since there has been any substantial changes to Hoops Dynasty. I say that we have a huge collective fight for the next thirty days to debate the top 5 changes that we would love to see happen to the game, and on February 3rd we hold a collective vote out of all the suggestions...no matter how ridiculous, of which there will probably be many.

For this exercise to be both productive and not futile, because given our unique situation it could be one or the other, I estimate that it would take two things: (1) we would need at least a minimum of 250 votes in order for the admins to take it seriously, and (2) all those votes would need to come from individual coaches, one coach with 30 votes could be a disaster...so to all you could-be trolls out there please don't sink this ship, and to all you interested be forewarned that this could end in a colossal waste of time because of one saboteur (but something tells me you guys are already wasting a ton of time on this site anyways, just like me, you bunch of dorks).

1/3/2014 6:38 AM
Im in.
1/3/2014 10:24 AM
1) Increase firings and get rid of Keep Looking and Longshot.
2) Limit postseason money to give mid-majors a better chance of success.
3) Increase the value of guaranteed starts and guaranteed minutes during recruiting.
1/3/2014 11:06 AM
I really want a way to see single season stats of the past. It bothers me that when a player leaves we can only see their career numbers. 

1/3/2014 12:23 PM
Posted by thinair on 1/3/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):
I really want a way to see single season stats of the past. It bothers me that when a player leaves we can only see their career numbers. 

+1
1/3/2014 12:48 PM
Posted by thinair on 1/3/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):

This.

+1
1/3/2014 1:34 PM
Get rid of baseline prestige in D1, and make team prestige independent (or almost independent) of conference prestige.
1/3/2014 1:44 PM
If you want that, you can get it in D2 or D3.
1/3/2014 1:47 PM
Posted by davis on 1/3/2014 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Get rid of baseline prestige in D1, and make team prestige independent (or almost independent) of conference prestige.
Or maybe just decrease the strength of baseline prestige. It takes a lot of fun out of D1 to be so difficult to have mid major teams improve- but you shouldn't be able tot turn the Big South conference into the SEC overnight. The big 6 needs to have some inherent advantages, but I think the advantages are too huge right now.  
1/3/2014 1:57 PM
Eliminate halftime "feedback".  If I'm down 25 at the half, I shouldn't get a boost and my opponent shouldn't get a handicap.

Note: Didn't believe it was real, forum posters told me otherwise.

1/3/2014 3:46 PM
Posted by bbunch on 1/3/2014 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by davis on 1/3/2014 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Or maybe just decrease the strength of baseline prestige. It takes a lot of fun out of D1 to be so difficult to have mid major teams improve- but you shouldn't be able tot turn the Big South conference into the SEC overnight. The big 6 needs to have some inherent advantages, but I think the advantages are too huge right now.  
If the Big 6 really need to have an advantage, then the coaches should be held to a higher standard.  The leash should be shorter for the top programs.
1/3/2014 3:58 PM
1. a team's offensive tempo should affect both teams' stamina.
2. there shouldn't be such huge disparities between freshmen and seniors. in real life, freshmen are often some of the best players in the country.
1/3/2014 4:07 PM
First 2 I've seen from a lot of people, 3rd one I'm just throwing out there.  

1.  Make the first recruiting window 24 hours (or 12 hours, or at least more than 2)
2.  Allow the coach to choose which attributes they want to see from the scouting report, even if it is just 1 per trip
3.  In the non-conference part of the schedule allow teams the option of playing home, away, or on a neutral court.  
1/3/2014 4:24 PM
1) I would love to have a "save" gamplan feature, and give you two or three possible game plans to change on a per game basis.
2) Allow for game end substitute plan for foul shooters, ball handlers, or all defense fives, or allow for "must play feature" for last two minutes.
3) Designate match-ups on defense (starting five) by player not position if you play man/man defense.
1/3/2014 7:49 PM
Would love to see Live Play-by-Play so I can geek out and "watch" my team play. 
1/3/2014 8:27 PM
123456 Next ▸
I'm down to clown...if you`re down??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.