I played this game for many moons and used to love it! I loved it until I tried HBD.... you should do the same, and you could even get paid to do so!!
We're about to roll in Thome for Seaosn 8 and don't like to wait. 5 of the possible 7 World Series games have been concluded so, we should be ready to go over the weekend.
We currently have only 2 openings and plan on approving owners the same day as rollover, so jump on board. If either opening is filled within the next 75 hours (by 5pm on Sunday I will offer a $15 WIS gift card to the new owner who can complete their given objective).
First up is the former Florida franchise. This team had been to the playoffs for 4 straight years and won the WS a few seasons ago. The owner suddenly abondoned the team this past season, and given that the woner was also the commish, it took awhile to get him replaced so the team's pitching fell aprt completely. As a result they have the #6 overall pick in this years amateur draft. They also have a really good team with some talented ypung pitching. Florida's $15 gift card incentive challenge is to return Florida to the playoffs - if you do so, the $15 gifty is yours.
Secondly is the former St. Louis Franchsie. This team is the reigning and defending AL North Champion and aslo has a nice crop of REALLY young picthers already in the bigs. St. Louis's $15 gift card incentive challenge is to defend the AL North crown - If you win the AL North next season, the $15 gifty is yours.
Private League Rules:
1) Owners must win a minimum of 55 games in a season, and 125 games over two consecutive seasons, to remain in the league. Owners who fail to meet the 125 win mark after two season have the right to appeal to the competition committee for a 1 year extension in which the must win 75 games.
2) Player payroll will be capped at 110 million.
3) Prospect payroll will be capped at 25 million.
4) Cash in trades must not exceed contract value.
5) New owners can choose any city they want upon joining. Current owners can move their franchises once, and can appeal the rule commitee for a second move after 10 consecutive seasons in one city.
6) Minor league teams are expected to be kept free of fatigue. Owners with weriously fatigued teams will be warned, and if no action is taken to address the issue, they can be removed from the world at WIS' discretion.