I played this game for many moons and used to love it!  I loved it until I tried HBD.... you should do the same, and you could even get paid to do so!!

We're about to roll in Thome for Seaosn 8 and don't like to wait. 5 of the possible 7 World Series games have been concluded so, we should be ready to go over the weekend.

We currently have only 2 openings and plan on approving owners the same day as rollover, so jump on board. If either opening is filled within the next 75 hours (by 5pm on Sunday I will offer a $15 WIS gift card to the new owner who can complete their given objective).

First up is the former Florida franchise. This team had been to the playoffs for 4 straight years and won the WS a few seasons ago. The owner suddenly abondoned the team this past season, and given that the woner was also the commish, it took awhile to get him replaced so the team's pitching fell aprt completely. As a result they have the #6 overall pick in this years amateur draft. They also have a really good team with some talented ypung pitching. Florida's $15 gift card incentive challenge is to return Florida to the playoffs - if you do so, the $15 gifty is yours.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=5990

Secondly is the former St. Louis Franchsie. This team is the reigning and defending AL North Champion and aslo has a nice crop of REALLY young picthers already in the bigs. St. Louis's $15 gift card incentive challenge is to defend the AL North crown - If you win the AL North next season, the $15 gifty is yours.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=5988

Private League Rules:

1) Owners must win a minimum of 55 games in a season, and 125 games over two consecutive seasons, to remain in the league. Owners who fail to meet the 125 win mark after two season have the right to appeal to the competition committee for a 1 year extension in which the must win 75 games.

2) Player payroll will be capped at 110 million.

3) Prospect payroll will be capped at 25 million.

4) Cash in trades must not exceed contract value.

5) New owners can choose any city they want upon joining. Current owners can move their franchises once, and can appeal the rule commitee for a second move after 10 consecutive seasons in one city.

6) Minor league teams are expected to be kept free of fatigue. Owners with weriously fatigued teams will be warned, and if no action is taken to address the issue, they can be removed from the world at WIS' discretion.
1/3/2014 2:36 PM
I'll give this a shot....what do I need to do?
1/3/2014 3:06 PM
I feel the same way kelly. I have one more season of GD and then done. HBD has been fun and good to me.

I highly recommend HBD to anyone.

GL with the world fill.

1/3/2014 3:26 PM
So tired of HBD people that keep coming over here.   I can't get excited about baseball anything.   Give it up.
1/3/2014 7:55 PM
I abandoned GD and am now only active in HD and HBD. I love HBD and once you get the hang of it it's very fun!
1/3/2014 8:31 PM
Posted by trombumpet on 1/3/2014 7:55:00 PM (view original):
So tired of HBD people that keep coming over here.   I can't get excited about baseball anything.   Give it up.

Plus you are being a.......
1/3/2014 8:41 PM
I played the end of a HBD season as a replacement owner, then ran a team for a season.  It was really fun, but the coaching search process really SUCKED.  The draft was not as accurate as I would have liked from the way I thought it would work and dealing with the development, balance and lineups was tough during the season even for a hardcore GD player such as myself.

That being said - if I got another chance to play the game in a league that I have a competitive team in (mine was pretty much abandoned) a fun league I  would consider playing again - but dang $24.95 for 3 months for a season is real steep finances.

I guess if I was gainfully employed right now I'd consider it for the first season promo price...  but that is about it.  The one season I played I learned enough to know my team was not in good shape for the next couple of years. 

It is a lot of fun but also a lot of fun work.  Geez, the learning curve is very, very steep...

1/3/2014 8:54 PM
I did 32 seasons of HBD and finally gave up my last team yesterday. HBD is great, but there are some tedious, time-constrained tasks that make the game not very realistic and not very fun.

1/3/2014 9:30 PM
Posted by clememp on 1/3/2014 8:54:00 PM (view original):
I played the end of a HBD season as a replacement owner, then ran a team for a season.  It was really fun, but the coaching search process really SUCKED.  The draft was not as accurate as I would have liked from the way I thought it would work and dealing with the development, balance and lineups was tough during the season even for a hardcore GD player such as myself.

That being said - if I got another chance to play the game in a league that I have a competitive team in (mine was pretty much abandoned) a fun league I  would consider playing again - but dang $24.95 for 3 months for a season is real steep finances.

I guess if I was gainfully employed right now I'd consider it for the first season promo price...  but that is about it.  The one season I played I learned enough to know my team was not in good shape for the next couple of years. 

It is a lot of fun but also a lot of fun work.  Geez, the learning curve is very, very steep...

It ends up being cheaper than most other things I could think you could do online...

GD = 10.95 per about a month---- 3 months = about $33

World of Warcraft = 15 per month---- 3 months = $45

HD = 12.95 per about a month---- 3 months = $39

Not necessarily saying do it but I was the same way clememp... it sounded like a lot but when I really thought about it it ends up being a pretty good deal
1/3/2014 10:41 PM
"the learning curve is very, very steep..." is putting it lightly.
1/4/2014 9:37 AM
HBD is not for the casual player. I love it, but its like a part time job 
1/4/2014 9:41 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.