Thinking of changing to fastbreak offense Topic

Please look at my IBA team Bard and see if you believe I have the roster for that type of move. 

thanks,

Don

1/6/2014 5:04 PM
You'll need to trade a little ath/def for speed an Bh.
1/6/2014 5:14 PM
Agreed with Trentonjoe. I do believe that ath is more important than speed in the FB, but not quite to the extent that you've got going on. I try to run a minimum of 50/50/50 for ath/speed/def on my fb/fcp team, for what that's worth.
1/6/2014 7:19 PM
With my horrific passing and bh do you think i should run slow down the rest of the season,, adjust tempo when i have big ath,speed advantages?

http://www.whatifsports.com./hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=8453

Thanks
Mike
1/6/2014 7:38 PM
I abhor the fb offense.
1/6/2014 8:15 PM
The important thing is that colonels let his opinion be known. Thanks for the high level input.

Pirates - I think I'd lean towards slow down. The turnover margin is pretty shaky for you to want to increase the number of possessions.
1/6/2014 9:15 PM
If he's playing fastbreak he cant slow down just normal and fast paced.
1/7/2014 12:54 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 1/7/2014 12:54:00 AM (view original):
lol duh. You'd think I'd have caught that since I've run a fb team for at least 50 seasons.
1/8/2014 11:53 AM
Posted by dshook30 on 1/6/2014 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Please look at my IBA team Bard and see if you believe I have the roster for that type of move. 

thanks,

Don

I wouldn't.
1/9/2014 3:37 AM

thanks,

Don

absolutely not, i would definitely not make this move. you have a very defense centric team which can work in fb, but you are also running press here. fb/press requires really, really good stamina, and thats going to make your job that much more difficult - without great stamina, you will drop a lot of games from being dead tired. guard offense in the FB is particularly driven by spd/bh, with less emphasis on per than any other set, and the spd/per of your guards is awful. i understand you must have been really focused on defense here, but wow, that is some amazingly bad spd/bh... FB will also increase turnovers, you have to pay attention to your bh/pass especially at the 1 but also at the 2/3 to run it effectively. your team is just not there. i think these same things will hold you back no matter what you run, you just cant have the success you've hard at bard previously with this spd/bh/pass. but anyway, i definitely would not switch.
1/9/2014 1:14 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/9/2014 1:14:00 PM (view original):

thanks,

Don

absolutely not, i would definitely not make this move. you have a very defense centric team which can work in fb, but you are also running press here. fb/press requires really, really good stamina, and thats going to make your job that much more difficult - without great stamina, you will drop a lot of games from being dead tired. guard offense in the FB is particularly driven by spd/bh, with less emphasis on per than any other set, and the spd/per of your guards is awful. i understand you must have been really focused on defense here, but wow, that is some amazingly bad spd/bh... FB will also increase turnovers, you have to pay attention to your bh/pass especially at the 1 but also at the 2/3 to run it effectively. your team is just not there. i think these same things will hold you back no matter what you run, you just cant have the success you've hard at bard previously with this spd/bh/pass. but anyway, i definitely would not switch.
So what do you think of the flex/press?
1/9/2014 2:14 PM
I'm actually pretty amazed he's been able to put up 71 points a game with those offensive ratings. I just think he went too heavy on the Ath/Def, which at D-3 takes away from other attributes. His best bet is probably to keep his current offense, unless he plans on recruiting differently.

Here is a list of offenses, although you might be able to find some more in-depth information in the forums.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/help/hoops101.aspx

1/9/2014 3:00 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 1/8/2014 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 1/7/2014 12:54:00 AM (view original):
lol duh. You'd think I'd have caught that since I've run a fb team for at least 50 seasons.
Pirate's team is Beloit and he doesn't run Fastbreak with that team, he runs a Motion offense.  For some reason he just jumped into this thread for advice about running slowdown.  The OP is the one asking about switching over to FB with his Bard team.
1/11/2014 6:25 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 1/9/2014 3:00:00 PM (view original):
I'm actually pretty amazed he's been able to put up 71 points a game with those offensive ratings. I just think he went too heavy on the Ath/Def, which at D-3 takes away from other attributes. His best bet is probably to keep his current offense, unless he plans on recruiting differently.

Here is a list of offenses, although you might be able to find some more in-depth information in the forums.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/help/hoops101.aspx

I'm surprised at 8-7 with a 7 rebound a game disadvantage ...makes up for it mostly with turnovers, and his scoring - look at the free throws, a direct result of the athleticism.
1/11/2014 2:02 PM
Thinking of changing to fastbreak offense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.